No admin login assigned during installation

Started by rhnegativeforum, September 10, 2016, 06:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Those permissions are correct, leave them as is unless you have a problem.  Some servers block 777 for security reasons.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 10, 2016, 04:01:58 PM
Those permissions are correct, leave them as is unless you have a problem.  Some servers block 777 for security reasons.

for security really the files/folder except for attachments and cache should be read only. but most dont know how or dont care to make the change. if the change is made this does effect the ability to install mods and should cut down on ways your forum can get hacked.

rhnegativeforum

I'm here because my forum is the only part of my site I am not proud of. I am here to fix that. Take a look if you have time to give me some advice and if you do, do so here.

rhnegativeforum

I do want to play it supersafe with this one.
I'm here because my forum is the only part of my site I am not proud of. I am here to fix that. Take a look if you have time to give me some advice and if you do, do so here.

d3vcho

Quote from: d3vcho on September 10, 2016, 03:46:22 PM
Yes, it means the entire directory. You should set as 755 for directories and 644 for files (this configuration works for most webservers, others allow 777)

With that configuration, I think the error should be gone. Also, have a look at this: How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

rhnegativeforum

OK got it. Is there a good adsense related discussion thread on this forum?

d3vcho

Hello!

I think this is the best Mod for you: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.0

Have a look at it and anything related to it please post in that topic :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

rhnegativeforum

Thank you. :) Just one last question:
I need a Facebook based registration and signup option.

Kindred

I think there is only one currently available -- although I do not recommend it, since it depends on a third party system.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: