News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Register link

Started by MonikaE, September 22, 2016, 10:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonikaE

At one point in the past one of the previous admins of the SMF 1.x forum I take care of made the register link go elsewhere, i.e. when one is (not logged in) on hxxp:forum.do [nonactive]_main.de and clicks on the register button it does not go to hxxp:forum.do [nonactive]_main.de/index.php?action=register but to hxxp:wvvw.do [nonactive]_main.de/registrieren/ ... unfortunately that page is broken now, too, for other reasons. I want to revert to the normal register page. I clicked through all the settings and didn't find a setting for it anywhere, does one exist?

Sir Osis of Liver

You have to fix it in /Sources/Subs.php, in the main button array (look for 'All the buttons').  Were other register links changed as well?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 22, 2016, 03:30:13 PM
You have to fix it in /Sources/Subs.php, in the main button array (look for 'All the buttons').

this is in SMF 1.1 board so that does not apply unless the OP is not using SMF 1.1.

Sir Osis of Liver

Oops, forgot where I was.  :P

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't remember much about 1.1.x, but looks like it would have been changed here -

index.template.php

// If the user is a guest, also show [register] button.
if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo ($current_action == 'register' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'register' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">' , $txt[97] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'register' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Action would have to be changed back to 'register' in all places.

- R. Waters

Kindred

or maybe she installed prettyurls at some point?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: