[2.0.12] Cannot post tables in messages anymore due to [h r] in table

Started by @rjen, September 28, 2016, 08:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoSensei

I have to uninstall the patch 2.0.12 because of the same error, I can not edit my old posts on the forum and create new... it's a shame, I'm waiting for the patch of this patch :)

SMiFFER

True. And I wonder what takes so long to release a fix for this - this bug has been reported 2 months ago.

If some certain heroes would invest the time they put into cheeky and snarky remarks rather into this fix, it would long be done.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Illori

this fix is not as easy as some may think it is. when it is confirmed that it has been fixed and fixed correctly the team will release the next patch. do remember not everyone on the team works on making the patches, we all have our own tasks and abilities.

whoey

SMiFFER

Quote from: NekoSensei on November 11, 2016, 05:11:19 PM
I have to uninstall the patch 2.0.12 because of the same error, I can not edit my old posts on the forum and create new... it's a shame, I'm waiting for the patch of this patch :)
Full ACK!
This is the most nerve-cutting thing with this bug: It used to work before and existing posts cannot be changed unless you work through every detail (which was NOT (!) needed prior to 2.0.12)

When is the fix coming? Any date known yet?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

d3vcho

Hello!

Soon, we all hope, but we don't have any official information yet. According to this post, 2.0.13 is currently being tested.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

adroth92

Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, but is anyone aware of any problems with downgrading to 2.0.11 while waiting for this update?

d3vcho

There shouldn't be any problems. Just in case, before downgrading, make a backup of your whole forum.

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

SMiFFER

Quote from: d3vcho on November 20, 2016, 12:51:35 PM
Hello!

Soon, we all hope, but we don't have any official information yet. According to this post, 2.0.13 is currently being tested.

Nice!
Now let them work...

TheBiggerFish

This bug does NOT occur inside [nobbc] tags.  So it's definitely somewhere in the BBCode functions.

[table]
[tr]
[td][quote][/quote][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Testing if it's just the open tag...

[table]
[tr]
[td][b]recreated format with just the open tag[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

So if you only have an open tag in the second table, the second table survives, but not the first.

Testing with only open tags in both tables...
[table]
[tr]
[td][quote][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Well, three tables with only open tags makes it yell at me.

Two open tags only also breaks it.

Testing mismatched open/close...

[table]
[tr]
[td][quote][/quote][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b][i][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
It preserves the second table but eats the first again.

Testing double mismatching...
[table]
[tr]
[td][quote][b][/quote][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b][i][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Doesn't work.

TheBiggerFish

Quote from: Vincenz0 on November 02, 2016, 06:34:48 AM
So the problem is this:
With the latest patch you guys added the following code to the Subs-Post.php file:

// Remove empty bbc.
$message = preg_replace('~\[([^\]=\s]+)[^\]]*\](?' . '>\s|(?R))*?\[/\1\]\s?~i', '', $message);

My preg knowledge is not enough to know what exactly this does but it is creating problems for us.

If a user uses too many BBC codes or something the whole message gets truncated into nothing and they get an error that the message body is empty, also when clicking Preview, the preview would be empty.

For my forum I just commented out this whole line and it solved our problems.
Any idea what is going on?

Here is a test code to reproduce it:
http: // paste . ubuntu . com/23415521/
(remove spaces)

I tried adding the above code in a CODE bracket on this forum but it gave me the same error:

Quote from: Kindred on November 02, 2016, 07:43:25 AM
yes... we know (did you read the whole thread?).
We are working on a fix.
...Is this removing BBCode from the post itself?  Why is it even doing that...?

E: ...carp.  Sorry about doubleposting (please don't hurt me)

TheBiggerFish

Well the edit button disappeared, that is a thing and it is very annoying.

Found another breaking expression:
[color=lightblue][i][Any text in brackets]   [/i][/color]

It leaves behind the open tags up to italics, and the closing color tag.

neogodless

Table 1
Row 1
Row 2
Table 2
Row 1

Hmm, what version is THIS forum running on? The following code does not work on our forum:

[table][tr][td][right][b]Table 1[/b][/right][/td][/tr][tr][td]Row 1[/td][/tr][tr][td][right][b]Row 2[/b][/right][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td][right][b]Table 2[/b][/right][/td][/tr][tr][td]Row 1[/td][/tr][/table]

The key seems to be [b] tags on subsequent rows (you can have them in the first row), and having a second table tag. But note that there are no open tags!

TheBiggerFish

This forum?  It's running 2.0.12.

Yours should say if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there are apparently admin tools to check your version if you doubt that.

TheBiggerFish

Got another one:

[quote]
[quote]
[any text]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[any text]

TheBiggerFish

*I would edit to clarify but cannot: The brackets around [any text] are actually there in the post.

Antes

You should attach the problematic BBC combination as txt file here. We already have a patch on testing lane so we can run your combination and return the result.

TheBiggerFish

Apparently

[quote][/quote]
bugs out too.

It eats up to one trailing linebreak, judging from posting it here.  (Someone else ran across the bug, I'm just crossposting.)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: