A more beautilful calendar for SMF

Started by SMiFFER, October 04, 2016, 10:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

What I am after is some "shinier" calendar that looks more or less like this:
http://abload.de/img/mp_schedule_2016_08v2j9u01.png

A search thru the CUSTOMIZATION/mod area, did not bring me where I would like to go, though.

Any help or link appreciated!!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Matthew K.

I helped overhaul the design of the calendar in SMF 2.1, and I know others added some nice new features as well. That's a little ways off obviously, but I do not believe there are mods that modify the layout much.

SMiFFER

Ah, thanks!

Then, what to do you suggest that I can do to come closer to what I am aiming at
(see picture above)
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Matthew K.

It should be fairly simple to achieve with some CSS tweaks, I would recommend finding someone you could pay $20-$30 to get it done exactly how you want.

SMiFFER

Thanks.

Being that old dog of programmer that I am, I should learn CSS - why not :)

Matthew K.

You're welcome to PM me if you have any specific questions along the way.

Kindred

The biggest issue that I see is that SMF does not record the TIME of events -- everything is is pretty much just formatting
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthew K.

Although I do believe that there is a mod for that, and I know that's going to be in SMF 2.1.

Kindred

it is?  my 2.1 site does not have hours
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SMiFFER

Are you gentlemen saying that I shall not try and just wait for 2.1 to be finalized?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2016, 01:53:23 PM
it is?  my 2.1 site does not have hours
it is a feature that as far as i know has not been merged.

Matthew K.

SMiFFER

SMiFFER

Hey friends of SMF !

Before I create a topic to request such mod, I shall first ask here if a calendar-mod exists
+ that makes things more shiny
+ that looks more beautiful, for instance like this one: http://abload.de/img/mp_schedule_2016_08v2j9u01.png

Kindred

Since SMF does not track start or end time for events... no such mod or styling update exists at this time
Слaва
Украинi

Xarkurai

I don't see how that is more beautiful...
However, I think the coding shouldn't be too hard together with CSS to obtain that layout.
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

SMiFFER

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2017, 07:35:50 AM
Since SMF does not track start or end time for events... no such mod or styling update exists at this time
So you are saying that this can be only accomplished using CSS/a theme?

Xarkurai

And probably a bit php changes.
That's also how the current calendar is built.

A modification would just modify certain things too, having the same effect.
If I have some time to spare I'll see if I can change it, but I can't promise anything.
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

SMiFFER

One year later.

Anyone having done anything in this regard?

I can hardly imagine that I am the only one who finds the current calendar worth "getting sorted"...

Advertisement: