News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Very wide replys on SMF 1.1.21

Started by tdennis, October 10, 2016, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

My forum is up to date with  SMF 1.1.21 and working great except for this. Its more an annoyance than a problem but maybe someone can tell me how to fix it.

From time to time our members will post a URL for other members to see. If its a long URL such as this one https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/A-Bucks-County-Incise-Carved-Fullstock-Flintlock-Rifle/32422365/LotDetail.asp?lid=32422365&rts=/asp/searchadvanced_i.asp%23searchid%3Dnone%26type%3Dlot%26search%3DFlintlock%26sort%3Drelevance%26view%3Dgallery%26length%3D25%26start%3D51%26refine%3D%26category%3Dall%2Bcategories#topoflot

Every reply up to that point will be standard width on the PC screen. Once a URL such as this is put in a reply every post/reply will be changed to being so wide you have to use the arrow keys to read the posts. What can be done to correct this?
Thanks
tdennis

tdennis

That's strange, on my board inserting that URL causes all text to be strung out so far you must use the arrow keys to read it all. But here only the URL is treated that way.
Dennis

Illori

you really should be looking to upgrade to SMF 2.0. SMF 1.1 is really not receiving support/updates.
upgrading should also fix your issue.

tdennis

I have not looked into upgrading since 1.1.21 has been doing fine with no major problems of any kind. Is there a good overview on how to upgrade to 2.0? I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to having to re-write or replace code. Last time I did much computer work it was in the 1980's with UNIX!
Dennis

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tdennis

If I upgrade from SMF 1.1.21 to latest version of SMF 2.0 will I lose my custom template?

Antes

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=425 this should work. But we strongly suggest upgrading latest stable (2.0.12).

Illori

themes for SMF 1.1 will not work on SMF 2.0.

Advertisement: