Login from php script without ssi function

Started by EvilNab, October 11, 2016, 12:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilNab

Hello,

I am running a website that has its own sessions system and everything,
Though while developing it I've made it use SMF users database for the website users.

Now the problem is that once u login in website u still need to login at the forum since its separate systems but working with same user database.
I want to make users log in to forum too when they log trough website.

Using ssi function such as ssi_login() is impossible because the site has its own form and login function.
What could you suggest ?

I Dont even need all the bypass checks provided in forum because site does all the checks already.
All i need is open a session in forum under the nickname logged in at the same time ...

Antes

I think it would be better if you write a script (I guess you can handle that) which allows users to merge their accounts (or copy site accounts to forum). So you don't have to deal with two different user-table then you can use SSI (which is far healthy).

EvilNab

Quote from: Antes on October 11, 2016, 12:47:42 PM
I think it would be better if you write a script (I guess you can handle that) which allows users to merge their accounts (or copy site accounts to forum). So you don't have to deal with two different user-table then you can use SSI (which is far healthy).
it is already working with same database, the issue is that i can't use the SSI login because it already has login system. In case i replace it with ssi i will have to remake session verification in tons of files.
I need to somehow create forum session in the end of the website authentication function.

Arantor

Honestly, if you already have it spread across multiple files and don't have it all in one place that you can just include, you're already doing it wrong, with or without SMF.

EvilNab

Issue resolved.
Made a module that checks on which side the user is logged in and which not and converts sessions between.
Works great for log in and log out on both sides, both sides affect on each other.

You can lock the topic.

Advertisement: