News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No assigned forum members number during registration with SMF 2?

Started by babyfiats, December 05, 2016, 07:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyfiats

After upgrading from SMF 1.1 to SMF 2.0 one thing that I have noticed is that  forum members now do not have an assigned forum member number when registered, found in the member list. Is there anyway I can get back this feature?  It was so useful for giving members a number.

Kindred

???   every member has a memberID... it's how the database figures out who did what. That has not changed since the first release
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

Where were you viewing this number previously? Member numbers still exist. If you are curious what they are just got to a profile and look at the URL.

Ex: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=328403

My member number here is 328403
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

Member IDs are displayed in Admin -> Members, but not in Members from main menu.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

babyfiats

Thanks all, the problem was viewing the members list from the main menu and not admin.  Silly me..

Advertisement: