New install just went fubar on me

Started by Coinhunter, November 17, 2016, 06:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coinhunter

My old web site used SMF and when I closed it down I kept backups for it. Our new clubstarted a new web site so we thought it good to have SMF installed for it. I installed it and started creating the boards and daughter boards etc. Everything was working great. I quit for the night and started again the next day. All of a sudden things went belly up. I couldn't create a board, edit a board, or do anything I had been doing just the night before. I can go to the screen where you click on the edit board option and it sends me back to the home page of the forums. In fact there are numerous places where I click to edit something and the same thing happens. I cannot even make a post. I receive error messages like Unable to load the 'core_features' template, and I have like 83,000 error messages in the error log and I cannot delete them or access them to see what they are. Should I just bite the bullet and delete this install and start all over again or can someone help walk me through repairing it please?

Kindred

Did you, perchance, try to use HTML in the board names or board descriptions?

Maybe your host has mod_security installed...

what are the error messages, specifically?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Coinhunter

I have not used HTML in anything related to the forums. I simply would click on the add board link and give it a simple name like Contests or Who wants to go hunting. I created 6 boards and went to bed. The next day nothing worked and no Bihira doesn't have mod security.
Error Messages are all related to:
Unable to load core features template or unable to find xxx file, or it just sends me back to the forum main page.
I think I have a bad install or else something went "glitchy" at Bihira during the night.
Guess I will just do a complete delete and reinstall and hope for the best.

Thanks

Advertisement: