News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Why are Guest users still showing, even only Registered users can view forum??

Started by dand, October 26, 2016, 02:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dand

Hi.
Something very strange.

I wanted to have only registered members to be able to view forum, so I changed the settings a week ago.

However, when I veiw who's been active in the last 30 minutes, I still see about 50 guests, yesterday 20, today 50, last night 30, etc. So the new Guests are logging in and viewing forum. Huh??

Why are Guests still there? When I log out, I can't view anything, so the setting I changed works OK.
Who are those Guests that are shown in "active in last 30 mins"?

Very confused...   ???

(My SMF is version 1.1.21)

Illori

the who's online page will show you what the guests are ATTEMPTING to do, not what they can actually see/do. log out of your forum and try browsing your forum as a guest and you are seeing the same thing they are.

dand

Quote from: Illori on October 26, 2016, 05:01:52 AM
the who's online page will show you what the guests are ATTEMPTING to do, not what they can actually see/do. log out of your forum and try browsing your forum as a guest and you are seeing the same thing they are.

I really doubt that.
Hmmm...
They all seem to be browsing different topics.
Could it be that it's robots, SPAMers attempts, or similar?
There is just so much more guests at any time, then there is registered users 10:1.

Illori

test it out. the guests have enough knowledge to find the URLs to the topics and are trying to read them, but they fail if your permissions are setup correctly.

Advertisement: