Fresh install - No images or graphics from themes

Started by razors edge, November 03, 2016, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razors edge

It has been a long time the last time I ran or done an installation of SMF forum so some stuff may be common sense and I simply don't remember. I recently purchased webhosting again to start a new forum, I downloaded the latest version of SMF forum (2.012), Zip file, unpacked the zip file using WinRAR, uploaded everything to my host. (mynewsite.com/forums) Opened the install.php file and proceeded through the install. Deleted the install file after it was complete and clicked the link to go to my fresh install. Once going to the main page, nothing from the default theme is loading, no background, no borders, nothing. Only thing loading is all the text and links of a fresh page. I double checked all the file permissions which are all correct.

This only happens after the install is complete, during the install process, everything is visible and all images seem to load.  Any suggestions where to look first for the issue?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

razors edge

Thank you, I will try this once I get home from work.

razors edge

I have used the suggested repair file and still have the same issue. any suggestions would be helpful

Illori

did you click the links to fix the incorrect URLs? if that did not solve the problem please provide a URL so we can see the issue.

also please open new topics for your issues. this topic belongs to someone else.

razors edge

Quote from: Illori on November 03, 2016, 07:35:13 PM
did you click the links to fix the incorrect URLs? if that did not solve the problem please provide a URL so we can see the issue.

also please open new topics for your issues. this topic belongs to someone else.

I clicked each of the url's to check and also made the one change the repair file suggested. No change. I downloaded another copy of the latest release and started from scratch, changed the url and created a new database. Same results. Just for the hell of it I installed the forum using cpanel and the automated installer and it worked perfectly. very weird. apparently i was doing something wrong. I wish i knew what it was.

Kindred

It's a common issue with some hosts... the URLs get misset and need to be corrected. Repair_settings.php fixes it every time...   and the time when it doesn't was because the setting corrections were not actually saved.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

razors edge

Illori

can you provide a link to your forum so we can look into the issue?

Kindred

oh....  and we definitely, never recommend using the auto-installer from the host.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: