News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Enable 'mark topic solved' button/ MOD for 2V0.12

Started by kubMCC, November 03, 2016, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Quote from: kubMCC on November 06, 2016, 08:10:14 AM
since then I clicked on the "leftover Install Button" for several times >>> Please see attached picture "how far" I came:

you did talk about a leftover button, see the quote above.

Kindred

After a mod is installed, there are three links

uninstall
list files
delete

there is no "leftover Install Button"
if the install button is still showing, then the mod was never installed --- or your systems has a SERIOUS issue.

Even if the button did continue to show, doing multiple installations of a mod is a sure road to disaster, since the same code will get added/changed multiple times a well.
Repeatedly running the install does not magically clear up the failed tests...

However... if the mod IS correctly installed, then the option of a checkbox labeled
      Topic Solved Board:
      Enables the Topic Solved feature in the board
is added to the board settings for each board.

Checking the box and saving the changes will turn on the topic solved options for that board in the front end.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kubMCC

Just 2 let U know:

I installed a fresh 2V1 forum (SQL 5.33), not even German Language Package.
Next step: Install "topic solved" Mod >> got many red lines "test failed" >> ignored all this and warning > klicked "install" Button > message: "installation successfull".  :o

!!! Its only a testforum to play with !!! No Help needed, thanks!
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)
- Kein Backup; kein Mitleid!

Kindred

ummmm.....   well, yes. The mod is designed for 2.0.x, not 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kubMCC

"MARK TOPIC SOLVED" - button not available/shown
- Removed "Topic solved"-MOD with 2V0.12 package manager
- went through all maintenance topics in 2V0.12
- installed 2V0.13 with patch-function
-> no Problems
- went through all maintenance topics in 2V0.12
-> no Problems found
- installed StickyTopicsOrder-MOD (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3425)
-> works perfect
- tried to install "Topic Solved"-MOD (again)
"MARK TOPIC SOLVED" - button not available/shown

Gave up, => removed MOD again

- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)

Kindred

Why did you uninstall the mods before installing the patch?
Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Thought it might be a problem with Version ...12. Might be better to install new in version ....13. Found out: no difference >> not "the problem" on my system/installation. Have to live without the feature.

Steve

So, despite all the help everyone is trying to give you, you've decided to give up on this? Am I reading this thread correctly?

I'm kind of surprised someone who says he has 'worked for 32 years in software developement' would give up so easily.

Your choice though. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kubMCC

Quote from: Steve on January 20, 2017, 04:50:40 PM
So, despite all the help everyone is trying to give you, you've decided to give up on this? Am I reading this thread correctly?

I'm kind of surprised someone who says he has 'worked for 32 years in software developement' would give up so easily.

Your choice though. :)

Well, ten times tried, ten different ways. Included "neutral installation for testing" Most answers: "... but on my system ist works fine ..." I will not change my Provider just for that feature. I postet many screenshot with error messages, but no info: "ok, it's this and this problem, do that and that and it WILL work fine." On the other hand, I will  not waste more of the important time of very important people here which have to solve bigger problems than mine.  ;) ;)

PS: Software ..... Rockwell SLC500 / SLC5000 // SIEMENS S5/S7 // Jetter JetSym // BoschRexroth Single Drives ...... That Software had only the control of production machinery functionality. Pampers, Carefree, Chocolade, Gummybears, Paperfolding, Envelopes, Printing, .... Much more simple than a forumsoftware  :laugh: :laugh:

PPS: some other MODs are working just fine, so ...... what does make more sence? Is it a problem of MY installation/system or couls it be some small issue inside the MOD.

Don't worry, we will stay with SMF  8)

Even having some more little issues like correcting the "edited by .... on ...."

HOW to eliminate it from a post seems to be easy (set "modified_ time" to 0 and , WHERE to find it with MySQL inside the online database .... BUT: there is already a question in the German part of SMF.

Anyways ...Thank's for Your interrest! Hope dies last  :-[

kubMCC

Advertisement: