News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Captcha not found (sometimes)

Started by meheh123, November 04, 2016, 05:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meheh123

Hey,

On the forum I am managing captcha seems to disappear sometimes. However there is link to an image, but it's only 1 pixel...

Console on the image page says:

QuotePastebin info 1
(check P.S.)

But in fact I have disable uBlock at that forum (attachment 1).

You can find the problem at this link:
QuotePastebin info 2
if you succesfully access the captcha F5 (refresh) won't screw it up. Need to move again to the page (I suggest incognito mode).

In the past when Captcha wasn't appearing there was an error in the console related to "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" and the Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS), but I couldn't find any satisfying sollution with this knowledge.

This is the polish forum, so in case I attach a screenshot where is the verification (attachment 2).

Thanks in advance for spending your time to help or direct me.

P.S. I didn't know I cannot post links so the infos are in the hxxp:pastebin.com/SPZqK63g [nonactive]

Shambles

What's your SMF version and is it at this address?

http://forum.suwalki.info

Only asking as it's hard to tell what you're running, seeing as there's no SMF Copyright info in there...

meheh123

It is running  SMF 2.1 Beta 2.

Yeah, link is correct. I couldn't add that in my post as editor prevent me.

QuoteOnly asking as it's hard to tell what you're running, seeing as there's no SMF Copyright info in there...

Sorry to hear that, I will note that to the administrator so he will add that immediately.

Illori

since you dont have a copyright displayed, we can deny you support. also you should not be running a beta in production, there are bugs and no guarantee that you will be able to upgrade to the next release without running into issues.

meheh123

Copyrights were already added at the footer.

I'm not so sure that this is Beta version fault as I couldn't find any refference over the web, I mean that probably no one had same problem as we do.

Illori

that is not the correct copyright. all rights reserved has never been part of the copyright. the copyright year is also incorrect, beta 1 was released in 2014 not 2013. also beta 2 has been released since the version you all seem to be using, so you should upgrade to that or even try to the beta 3 on github. but as i said before there is no guarantee that the upgrade process will work or work at all.

meheh123

Hope the Copyrights are in the proper form now.

I will try upgrading forum to the beta 3 as you suggested. ( hxxp:github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 [nonactive] that is correct source, right?) and let you know.

Thank you.

Illori

yes that is the correct location. you should also use the default theme and see if that resolves the issue as it could be related to the custom theme that is in use.

Advertisement: