Anyone know of a Store Mod that uses credits to purchase real items?

Started by Cuda Cody, November 21, 2016, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuda Cody

Is there a Store or Shop Mod that will allow members to earn credits and use those credits to purchase real items.  For example, we would like to give away T-Shirts, Jackets, Hats, tools, Pens, Calendars and other items with our logo on them to active members.  Using the same thought process as some of the current Shop Mods, but earning real things instead of just buying fake things.  I've been testing a few of the Shop Mods to see if they will work.  And some of them (like the SMFShop Mod) use a neat credit system, but they are hard to track the users when they purchase something.

Are there any Store Mods that members can earn credit and buy real things?

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Cody

vbgamer45

I have a store mod for physical items. http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-store.php It can give credits to SMF Shop on item purchase.
I was thinking maybe you can do a smf shop item that has a unique coupon code/limited use that can be used in the store to redeem items.

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Cuda Cody

That's a Mod I looked at and was trying to figure out to make it work.  It looks like a great Mod with some really cool features and the coupon idea is something I haven't thought of.  But how would I know who to give the coupon to?

Really need a Mod that keeps track of active users and gives them credits.  Just thinking out loud now, but my goal is to get people to visit the forum daily.  So maybe 1 credit for each post or reply and 1 credit for each photo posted in the gallery.  With at least a minimum of 20 characters to count as a post so people don't post a smiley thinking they'll earn credit.  And a limit of 5 credits can be earned a day.  Then maybe a Logo Pen cost 100 Credits (about 3 weeks of activity), a Hat is 500 and a T-Shirt is 1,000.  That way if someone is active on a forum daily adding posts and comments they could earn a Hat in about 3 months or save up about 6 months for a T-Shirt.  If a member is active about every other day it would take about 1 year to save up for a T-Shirt.  Some of the forums I'm on I see members that have been active for 10 plus years, but some members come and go.  Was hoping to give back to the members that make the board better.

Another idea was to have a yearly custom (special) T-Shirt that is only available for a short time.  That way active members could get a new special T-Shirt every year.  It would also be neat to a link in their profile that shows all the items they have purchased / earned.

Can I hire someone to write that Mod?

Advertisement: