Blank white pages except not as guest

Started by mcpheex3, November 22, 2016, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcpheex3

I think I am having this same problem. Although it started before I updated to 2.0.12. I was running 2.0.11.

I have cleared the cache on the server, ran the repair_settings.php and no luck.

It is only happening on the last page of certain threads.

Illori

please start a separate topic for your issue, this topic belongs to someone else.

Kindred

and no...  if it started before, then it definitely is NOT the same problem.

Your issue is probably related to whatever is in that post
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mcpheex3

I think I am having this same problem. Although it started before I updated to 2.0.12. I was running 2.0.11.

I have cleared the cache on the server, ran the repair_settings.php and no luck.

It is only happening on the last page of certain threads.

Illori

please dont cross post the same message multiple times. keep to one topic and one only.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on November 22, 2016, 11:54:01 AM
and no...  if it started before, then it definitely is NOT the same problem.

Your issue is probably related to whatever is in that post

Quote from: Illori on November 22, 2016, 01:17:35 PM
please dont cross post the same message multiple times. keep to one topic and one only.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mcpheex3

I tried posting this twice in the other thread on blank white pages but it was deleted both times so I guess it wasn't supposed to be there.

I have two pages on my forum that are showing up as blank/white. It is the last page of two threads. What is interesting is when viewed as a guest, you can see the pages, but not the pictures.

http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5145.0
http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5177

I have tried clearing the cache and I have tried the repair settings tool. Nothing seems to work.

I don't know if it is related but around the time these two threads were building, the site was approaching it's memory limit. I had to expand the plan I had to increase available memory. This happened when I had 2.0.11. I upgraded to 2.0.12 to see if it helped, but didn't.

One person on Chrome on a Mac said this message came up (attached photo).

I have message into my host provider but nothing yet. Any thoughts are most welcome.

Kindred

Yes, the posts were moved out of the other thread because your problem, as we said, has absolutely nothing at all to do with the issue that the others reported.   Your issue, as I already told you, is almost certainly due the content of the affected posts
Слaва
Украинi

mcpheex3

Thank you for clarifying. I did not see the original posts moved out.

So... are there any suggestions for how to fix this problem? So far, I have not been able to correct it.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on November 23, 2016, 07:09:25 PMYour issue, as I already told you, is almost certainly due the content of the affected posts
Слaва
Украинi

mcpheex3

Yeah, I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the photos one member attached in those two posts. Additionally, he can now post a new topic but cannot post attachments. But I can't figure it out.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Colin

Let's see if we can help point you in the right direction. Is he unable to post any attachments or just those two specific photos?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

mcpheex3

Thank you Colin! I appreciate your help. It seems that member can now post photos again. I'm not sure why or what happened. I also cannot see his post on the white pages (when I look at his posts under his username). I can't delete the images from those posts as I can only see the post when I am not logged in. When logged in, all I can see is the white page.

In any event, it hasn't happened again. Not sure what to do about those two blank pages but at least the member can post again (he's one of my most prolific posters).

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Steve

Are you considering this solved then, mcpheex3?
DO NOT pm me for support!

mcpheex3

Thank you for inquiring Steve. The blank page problem has not repeated itself. However, those two threads are now dead in the water as you can't move past the white page. That poster is still having intermittent problems posting photographs - some post, some will not. I had him email the photos and I don't see anything unusual about them. He is on the other side of the world from me in India so I don't know if perhaps that is part of the problem. Otherwise, I don't see that there is anything that can be done at this point.

I will post again if I experience the blank white pages again.

I appreciate the follow up.  :)

mcpheex3

Please don't groan ... but it's me again. This same poster has encountered the same problem on a different thread. This is a really important thread for our forum and charts his progress. He has been ale to post in this thread until today. Now he got the white page again with a generic http error 500.

first page of that thread: http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4833.0
error thread where white page is: http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4833.255

However, the page will show up if you aren't logged in as a member. (Weird!)

Any thoughts or suggestions on fixing this problem are most appreciated. Thanks.

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2016, 01:15:00 AM
Quote from: Kindred on November 23, 2016, 07:09:25 PMYour issue, as I already told you, is almost certainly due the content of the affected posts
there is also a mod that may fix the issue. the best fix is to tell your users not to upload images that are so large.

mcpheex3

OK, thank you. I will do that. Just as an update. I was able to delete his last post and the page is now viewable again.

What is the mod called?
Thanks again.

mcpheex3

A million thank yous! You have helped me solve my problem!  ;D It is definitely from too big images. Once I found his posts via his profile, I was able to delete them and the pages show back up again. And his images are huge.

Thank you for sharing the mod. I really appreciate your time and help.

Advertisement: