News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

one step backwards ? (GERMAN version of 2V1 Forum)

Started by kubMCC, November 23, 2016, 10:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubMCC

in SMF 2V0.12 there are TWO Statistic entries:
- "Show New Posts" (Zeige neueste Beiträge)
and
??"More Statistics"?? (Weitere Statistiken)

The second one is erased in 2V1. WHY ?? Or moved and visible only for .... who? Admin?/Moderator?/Golden Member?

If yes: why this decision? (Sorry ! ) I like to know the logic behind a change  :-[ :-[ (because my customers always wanted to know the logic behind changes for their machine-SPS)  8)

Maybe it's only a missing link  O:)
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)
- Kein Backup; kein Mitleid!

Antes

in SMF 2.1, titles inside the stats area are clickable.

kubMCC

Quote from: Antes on November 24, 2016, 03:19:55 AM
in SMF 2.1, titles inside the stats area are clickable.
??????

Sorry, but .....
- Where do I have to click to come to the "more statistics" window as known for years?

I mean:
- which way could be easier than having that link as in 2V0.12.

That's what I name a "Rückschritt". Before it was easy, now it is complicate/cumbersome. Sorry about my english  :-[

umständlich >> Adverb
laboriously
awkwardly
circuitously
circumstantially
long-windedly
intricately

PLEASE keep in in 2V1 as it is in 2V0.xx Even if it is TOO easy  :'(

(Feels like moving the Carkey-lock from the right side of the stearwheel to the left side ....)

Am I the only tester using this feature of Forum? Other Admins?
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)

kubMCC

another step (#2) backwards:

see attached picture:

WHY did You change a very VERY good an easy overview to something .... so terrible  :o

Don't worry about the missing german translations. That's a different building site .....  8)

PLEASE: Think about that change!! So many Forums ARE like 2V1 in "new posts". 2V0.12 has(had) the advantage of "finding new posts that easy". With 2V1 (at that one special point) You will loose this advantage!!

Try here: http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=11 >>>>>  worst possible example for "new posts since last visit"

Kindred

Actually, no...  that change was on purpose and well thought.  Seriously, the new design is actually planned and thought out.  If you don't like it, then just design or choose a different theme once the final is released
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kubMCC

Quote from: Kindred on November 25, 2016, 11:56:01 PM
Actually, no...  that change was on purpose and well thought.  Seriously, the new design is actually planned and thought out.  If you don't like it, then just design or choose a different theme once the final is released

This answer is like a slap in the/my face! Makes me think about my Membership. I'm not just an stupid individual telling "my" opinion.

We will stay at 2.V0.12 as long as possible, because it is more than userfriendly ever. 2V1 makes life MORE COMPLICATE for users, feeling VERY comfortable with the state right now!

Sorry to say: wrong way!

My hope: since 2V1 is "in evaluation from 2012 on" >> 2V0.12 may last until  I die and I will never have to explain the "steps backwards" to our users.

Kindred

Umm... really? You take that commen as a personal insult. As a German, I am disappointed.  I never called you stupid, Or "slapped your face". I merely stated that the new design was actually considered and discussed and chosen for simplicity and good ux.

Seriously, the glory of web software is that there are themes/templates which you can use which change the layouts, if you do not like the default design.  I happen to disagree with your contention that the design is a "step backward". I like the new design, although it is indeed different... if we left it the same, people would complain... heck right now, people are complaining that the 20.0x design is outdated.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

I understand but this is the next theme and we decided to look that way. We're sure once stable version (or even RC) released people come forward to do themes, you can pick something looking like old style.

We respect your personal opinion on the software but we expect the same from our users.

Thank you for your understanding.

wintstar

Every new one brings changes. When creating a new Themes, it is important that it is also can used for mobile use. And the use of mobile devices for the Internet is becoming more and more. It is not possible to create a Themes that appeals to everyone. Therefore, there is the possibility to create your own Themes. Or wait until there are new Themes. If missing functions, there are give Modifications.
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

Advertisement: