News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

InnoDB vs MyISAM

Started by CesarManara, November 26, 2016, 01:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CesarManara

Hi there! I have a SMF 2.1 forum installed and all its tables are running InnoDB. I have been wondering if it'd be okay to change them all to MyISAM, as even though they are slower, MyISAM seems a bit more robust in terms of data loss and crashes repair.

Are there any tables I should keep as InnoDB? What is the recommendation on that?

How could I go about updating all the tables to MyISAM? Is there a SQL Query that will do it all?

Cheers!

Kindred

In general, you should not mess with that, as a matter of fact, it was intentional, the shiftto innodb
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

albertlast

MyIsam is the direct opposite of what you say,
it's mostly faster because is less crash safe.

And in the commone mysql/mariadb version is innodb or somthing similiar the default db engine,
which mean it's in focus of database development and myisam is dead. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/storage-engines.html

CesarManara

It may be that the advice is old at the hosting where I read it about InnoDB vs MyISAM then, thank you.

Advertisement: