News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[2.0.12] Cannot Post "Message Body Is Empty"

Started by VoidingNixx, November 26, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoidingNixx

So I recently tried making a post, which was a close copy + paste from an older forum post.  However, whenever I tried posting, I kept getting one of those cannot post "Message Body Is Empty" errors, even though the body was full of text.

I went line by line trying to find the problem.  It came down to the last line and believe this was the cause...

My last line in the post had two [size] openings "[size=24][size=36]" as well as two [size] closings.  Once I removed one set of those tags, the post was accepted.  Not really sure if this is considered a bug.  I have no idea how my post ended up with those to begin with, probably just carelessness on my part heh.  Anyways, there is a cause and effect.  If it is something which needs fixed, I will let the SMF crew decide.

**edit**
SMF 2.0.12

Antes

yeap, seems so. Can you post the content (if its not sensitive) in txt format as an attachment, we are currently testing a new patch internally so we can check if its fixed or not.

VoidingNixx

Hope you don't mind, but I took a lil' bit out, so I do not need to share the original post (it was a bit lengthy), and found it to not be working and it's pretty short.  Perhaps you will be able to duplicate.  Here is a post which is not accepted and gives the error for me...

[center][img width=324 height=326]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Christmas_bells.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=36pt][font=andale mono][size=24pt][color=white][b]Good Luck & Have Fun!![/b][/color][/size][/font][/size][/center]

Hope that helps.

Antes

Code working fine on our new patch. Thanks for you help :)

VoidingNixx

Anytime ^-^  Although, for our use, I hardly ever run into any bugs with SMF.

Great work on SMF!

Antes

Please test the issue again in SMF 2.0.13 if you are having issue open a new topic with [SMF 2.0.13] tag on topic.

Thank you.

Advertisement: