News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF issues: creating new topics, users online count, errors

Started by jholla, November 28, 2016, 07:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jholla

I've been experiencing some issues with my SMF installation recently, and I could really use some help to get them resolved.

• Creating New Topics: adding a new topic takes a long time to load. The page will just load and load, sometimes a user will end up double-posting the topic because they hit stop and click the Add Topic button again. Posting a reply or anything else is pretty snappy.
  • Error Log: I get a ton of Guest errors in the log that say, "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!". Is this normal?
  • Users Online: the Most Online Today always shows 67, no matter what. Any idea why that count is not being updated?

www.unofficialwarmoth.com
SMF 2.0.12
Modifications:

• Custom BBCodes Manager
  • Google Analytics Code
  • Misc Anti Spam
  • reCAPTCHA for SMF
  • Like Posts
  • Soundcloud BBcode
  • Akismet Spam Blocking

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kindred

Get rid of aksimet

Also, check you bans and get rid of IP bans
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jholla

Quote from: Kindred on November 28, 2016, 07:27:21 PM
Get rid of aksimet

Also, check you bans and get rid of IP bans

What does everyone else use for anti-spam? What's the procedure to get rid of IP bans?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: