Trying to add a new board and got Error: database may require an upgrade...

Started by PenelopeQ, December 04, 2016, 05:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PenelopeQ

Quote from: oOo--STAR--oOo on January 27, 2017, 07:06:17 PMIn your forums root directory open Settings.php and what does $db_prefix = ' say?

$db_prefix = 'rollerc3_';

Which makes sense since it's been this way for years.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 27, 2017, 07:14:51 PM
Run this query

Show create table rollerc3_boards;

Done and successfully executed. Is that supposed to solve the issue, or are there more steps to follow...because I tried to add a new board and got the same message.

oOo--STAR--oOo

No that doesn't solve your issue
Send me your /Sources/ManageBoards.php & /Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php

You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

vbgamer45

you would need to run

alter table smf_boards drop column rollerc3_board_enable;
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PenelopeQ

Quote from: oOo--STAR--oOo on January 27, 2017, 07:48:13 PMSend me your /Sources/ManageBoards.php & /Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php
Attached.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 27, 2017, 08:06:04 PM
you would need to run

I haven't done this yet as I thought maybe I should attach the docs requested and see if any advice changes.

oOo--STAR--oOo

ManageBoards.php is fine, the only mod that has edited this file is the  Topic & Board Note:1.0.3.
The template file is fine also. Either way the error is not corresponding to the actual problem. Can you get more error logs? Like your webserver error logs, are there any errors in here?

Also, can you do this, goto Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> General

At the bottom you will see Disable evaluation of templates
Check this or un check it then produce the error again and tell me what is in the error log.

In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

vbgamer45

I would run this query anyway

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PenelopeQ

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 28, 2017, 07:42:02 PM
I would run this query anyway

I got this: 1146 - Table 'rollerco_smf2.smf_boards' doesn't exist

Quote from: oOo--STAR--oOo on January 28, 2017, 05:58:30 PM
Can you get more error logs? Like your webserver error logs, are there any errors in here?
Do you mean from Admin -> Maintenance -> Logs?
Or from cpanel?

Quote from: oOo--STAR--oOo on January 28, 2017, 05:58:30 PMAlso, can you do this, goto Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> General

At the bottom you will see Disable evaluation of templates
Check this or un check it then produce the error again and tell me what is in the error log.
That is not on that page. I did a search on the page for the word template and then for disable to make sure I was not missing it.

Kindred

I believe it is in server settings, not features

Also try this from phpmyadmin

alter table rollerc3_boards drop column board_enable;
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PenelopeQ

Quote from: Kindred on January 28, 2017, 11:34:55 PM
I believe it is in server settings, not features

Also try this from phpmyadmin

alter table rollerc3_boards drop column board_enable;

Thanks, I found the box to disable evaluation of templates in server settings. I tried to add a board to see if the error was different and it was the exact same message.

Ran the query and got this: #1091 - Can't DROP 'board_enable'; check that column/key exists

vbgamer45

Sorry was tired made a mistake with my last one
try this one

alter table rollerc3_boards drop column facebooksharer_board_enable;

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PenelopeQ

Great! That query worked--I even saw a shift in the columns on the sidebar as though something was being removed--even though I had not seen that column there. Weird.

But I still get the same error when trying to add a board.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: PenelopeQ on January 29, 2017, 09:20:26 AM
Great! That query worked--I even saw a shift in the columns on the sidebar as though something was being removed--even though I had not seen that column there. Weird.

But I still get the same error when trying to add a board.

Unfortunately, your error log is not providing us with the information we need to track that error. Its pointing to something that does not exist in your actual templates. Are you using the default theme? Was the template you send me for the default and not the actual theme you are using. If you are using the default theme, then I can't trace the error off the information you have given me because its pointing to something non existent.

Can you check your webserver error logs? They might show more information to this. Create the error and consult your host on getting these logs if you do not know how yourself.

In Design Phase!

PenelopeQ

No, I am not using the default theme. I am using curve multicolor.
I will contact the host regarding server logs and get back to you when I hear from them.

PenelopeQ

Okay, I reproduced the error and the last few in the log are below. But my host said this
QuoteIn cPanel you can see the last 300 errors from Metrics / Errors.

In looking back at your ticket history, more than likely the errors will not show in the error log. The errors you are getting are errors within SMF. They would only show if the application (SMF) logged them.

Quote from: cpanel Metrics - Error[Sat Feb 04 15:14:45.479292 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 662485] [client 89.145.95.68:47306] AH01228: exec used but not allowed in /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/404.shtml
[Sat Feb 04 15:14:29.751212 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 659817] [client 86.146.27.102:51183] AH01228: exec used but not allowed in /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/404.shtml
[Sat Feb 04 15:14:29.619603 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 659817] [client 86.146.27.102:51183] AH01228: exec used but not allowed in /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/404.shtml
[Sat Feb 04 15:14:29.487721 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 659817] [client 86.146.27.102:51183] AH01228: exec used but not allowed in /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/404.shtml
[Sat Feb 04 15:14:29.333070 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 659817] [client 86.146.27.102:51183] AH01228: exec used but not allowed in /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/404.shtml
[Sat Feb 04 15:14:28.851215 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 659817] [client 86.146.27.102:51183] AH01228: exec used but not allowed in /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/404.shtml

vbgamer45

At this point you would probably need to have someone take a look at with admin access/ftp to try to figure out the exact cause.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: