News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Team Changes and Upcoming Releases

Started by Kindred, December 12, 2016, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

We are shooting to get it out as soon as possible (and are very close) so hopefully!
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Talpidae

GSM-S

I'm glad to hear that smf is active and that php7 support is coming. I was getting worried since there was no news for a long time. Anyway, happy holidays! :)

tjbalon

Looking forward to this release. Thanks guys, happy holidays.  8)

4Kstore

Thanks for all you are been done (specially to suki)

Quote from: d3vcho on December 12, 2016, 10:17:38 AM
This kind of topics are necessary. We, the users, like to be informed about the project oftenly.

Thanks for your hard work!

x2, I thinks is important keep us informed on the progress you're done

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Deaks

Being PM, is not an easy role, it takes alot out of you emotionally and mentally and can effect everything in your life, maybe the role need to be looked at again and split into a 2 person role splitting the duties up slightly.  Ok I do not know the reason why Suki had to stand down, but just my 2 cents.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Masterd

It's nice to know that things are moving forward. I was getting worried.

ARG01

I had my doubts and haven't been around for a few years, but it's good to see SMF moving forward. Good luck to those considered for new staff positions.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

karlbenson

sprak

Quote from: Kindred on December 12, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
-- 2.0.13 will be released shortly.
-- We are working on adding php7 and some other capability enhancements into the 2.0.x release line

Kindred,

I just upgraded to PHP7 and manually patched up 2.0.12 to work under PHP7. Would be happy to share my updates with you / the team if it would be helpful.

Kindred

thank you... we are already working on the php7 patch and, I believe, have it well underway.

However, if you like, you can make suggestions in the bug reports or feature requests board

I would suggest that what you did, however, may come back to bite you, since you may have to undo it all in order to upgrade to 2.0.13 and eventually to the official php7 patch in 2.0.14
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sprak

Quote from: Kindred on January 05, 2017, 10:07:33 AM
I would suggest that what you did, however, may come back to bite you, since you may have to undo it all in order to upgrade to 2.0.13 and eventually to the official php7 patch in 2.0.14

Indeed; it was a known "risk" when I started patching it up. However, I needed a working forum now and patching didn't take much effort. Granted, I don't necessarily exercise every single feature in my daily use of the software, so there might be lingering "gotchas" not accounted for. Will be keeping an eye on my logs for awhile. Will be interesting to see how our two efforts line up or differ.  :)

Cheers.

sprak

Quote from: Kindred on January 05, 2017, 10:07:33 AM

Upgrade to 2.0.13 went successfully; none of the files in it conflicted with the ones I modified. Did uncover one other spot I needed to update for PHP7. Other than that, things look good so far. Looking forward to 2.0.14.

OCJ

I have to say its a more positive statement than, "it will be ready when its ready". Reapeating that for years wins no fans at all.
Even guess-timates like 75% ready.... 80% ready, 95%, 98% (without time) is better than nothing.

d3vcho

Quote from: igirisjin on January 10, 2017, 04:50:54 PM
I have to say its a more positive statement than, "it will be ready when its ready". Reapeating that for years wins no fans at all.
Even guess-timates like 75% ready.... 80% ready, 95%, 98% (without time) is better than nothing.

We don't even know that. We may encounter some new bugs while testing a new release that makes us decrease that number.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Arantor

Or add features this late in the day that require more testing.

-Rock Lee-

With the passage of time there are always changes for either bad or good, we hope those changes are very good and thank you for informing users.

Regards!

Sorry for my bad english
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

MobileCS

Quote from: sprak on January 05, 2017, 12:22:38 AM
Quote from: Kindred on December 12, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
-- 2.0.13 will be released shortly.
-- We are working on adding php7 and some other capability enhancements into the 2.0.x release line

Kindred,

I just upgraded to PHP7 and manually patched up 2.0.12 to work under PHP7. Would be happy to share my updates with you / the team if it would be helpful.

Would you mind sharing it with me?

No one knows for sure when 2.0.14 will be released (I'm assuming they had some set backs again) and my new projects can't sit for much longer.

Shambles

Advertisement: