Music Mod?

Started by MaryLouW, December 12, 2016, 06:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

I will keep this thread sending me notices then because I really do want to try your new version. Being able to change the song list from within the program is a great plus!!  My users like the way the bar opens - the color scheme fits right within the forum colors.  Good luck with yours!!

dougiefresh

SCM Media Player for SMF has been upgraded to v1.0.1.  Thank you for the feedback!

Attached are pics of the new mod in action....

EDIT:  Wrong link posted....  Sorry....

MaryLouW

Thanks!!!!  I will download and install it tomorrow.... it's way past my bedtime. Am most anxious to see it working on my forum!!!  :) :) :)

MaryLouW

Decided not to get some sleep - had to try this but.. .alas.. it doesn't work for me. I did the setup, enabled music, picked my music player and added one song.  Pressed the save button and it returns a solid white screen.  I went back to look to make sure I had saved it and all of my settings had been removed.

I tried it a second time, thinking maybe I forgot to save it.  But.. got the same results.  So.. where do we go from here?  I am going to uninstall it for now. and put the old one back in.

dougiefresh

Huh....  That's really weird, because it works just fine on my localhost forum.....  What mods do you have installed?

MaryLouW

I have quite a few mods installed - the list is attached.  Maybe someone else can try this to see if it's just me or whatever?

dougiefresh

Sorry to have replied so late to this topic.  After removing all the hooks in my test forum and reinstalling the mod, I saw the bugs you are talking about, and I'm pretty sure I've fixed the mod.  I've also addressed some issues that the Customization Team found, as well.....

I've uploaded version 1.0.2 to my website here.....

MaryLouW

Thank you!!!  I'll download it and see if it works for me now.  Appreciate you taking the effort !! :) :) :)

MaryLouW

This one works perfectly!!  It's playing on my board right now in another window.  You know the old saying, a woman is NEVER satisfied, right?   Well.. it's true! 

I have one more request for this mod.
It would be nice if I could create song groups.  That is, songs for St. Pat's day, Patriotic, Christmas, New Years, Easter, Valentines, etc.  In each category, I could put songs related to that category, then when I change my board skin for the event, I could also select the song category to go with the theme.

For example, when I install my Christmas theme, I would like to select a list that played only Christmas songs.
When I install the St. Patrick's Day theme, would like to select only Irish music to be played.

Would be good if people could create their own categories and then put the music in the corresponding "folders" on the server. 

Is this possible without a ton of work?

dougiefresh

Sure, it'd be possible.  A lot of work?  Unsure about that.  I would think that much of the work has already been done....

MaryLouW

Well, if you should decide to do it, that would be cool!  Otherwise, I certainly appreciate this mod!  My users complained before that the music interfered with the board (2 of them didn't like the music) but I never had a problem with it, neither did anyone else.  This time, I have it hiding on the bottom but not on Auto play. So.. will see if they even notice. I suspect not.  I enjoy a little soothing music when I'm reading the posts.

Thanks for this cool music mod!!!

dougiefresh

SCM Music Player for SMF mod has been approved!  Please direct all mod support requests to the mod thread!  Thank you!

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

dougiefresh

Advertisement: