News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

DarkModern

Started by Crip, December 26, 2009, 06:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Admin>>Config>>Current Theme..

Just change it to your logo URL..http://
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Honcho85

Great theme.

I'm not really a coder or anything but, I've managed to make some changes to the color scheme that I wanted. One thing I really cannot find is to make some changes to the bar where the Category name is. I am trying to change the color of the background and also move the Category name into the center.

I'm also trying to figure out how to remove an odd looking piece at the top of the site. I've posted a picture below of what I'm talking about.

If anyone can possibly help me with where to edit these things it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

FSEC Team

Can anyone help me with editing the darkmodern theme? I want to remove the part underneath the the cripzone text that's is brighter in color than the top. Also want to change the background, behind the forum to show a multicam image instead of the light to dark fade in the default. If you can help me out please let me know here or in pm, I will be very thankful.

FSEC Team

QuoteI want to remove the part underneath the the cripzone text that's is brighter in color than the top.

Figured that one out, just took some edit in paint and upload directly to the cpanel and not the zip.

but...

QuoteAlso want to change the background, behind the forum to show a multicam image instead of the light to dark fade in the default.

I still can't figure this one out. Is the background a color? Because I tried removing / replacing things like backdrop.png and it turned into a solid color. So if I'm needing to change something in css; color to an actual image, where would that be located?

FSEC Team

QuoteAlso want to change the background, behind the forum to show a multicam image instead of the light to dark fade in the default.

I still can't figure this one out. Is the background a color? Because I tried removing / replacing things like backdrop.png and it turned into a solid color. So if I'm needing to change something in css; color to an actual image, where would that be located?

Figured it out, Never messed around with code a day in my life but now I feel accomplished for figuring it out on my own.

Basically I just found this...
body
{
background: #252525 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) repeat-x;
font: 78%/130% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 15px 0px;

Replaced it with this...
body
{
background: url(../images/theme/marsoc.jpg) repeat;
font: 78%/130% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 15px 0px;

then it was simple to overwrite the default .css in cpanel and upload the new image to the correct folder.

Thanks community me.

Ken.

Quote from: FSEC Team on December 15, 2016, 07:40:07 PM

Thanks community me.

Glad that you got it sorted.
Unfortunately Crip, the designer of this theme, has died about three years ago, so as you might imagine support for the theme may be difficult to find.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

FSEC Team

Quote from: Ken. on December 16, 2016, 02:06:39 PM
Glad that you got it sorted.
Unfortunately Crip, the designer of this theme, has died about three years ago, so as you might imagine support for the theme may be difficult to find.

Oh man I literally did not know this information, I'm sorry for the loss. His theme... his work... is magnificent and this now saddens me to know that he is no longer alive to create or expand upon his wonderful collection.

Advertisement: