Strange. Home menu keeps forwarding to install.php after install.

Started by ChrisCarter, December 23, 2016, 02:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisCarter

I haven't seen this elsewhere so I was hoping someone has seen this and has a fix.

I've installed SMF with no problem. I've deleted the install.php file.  When I hover over the Home link in the menu, it shows that it points to index.php.
Whenever I click the link I get a 404 error because the site tries to go to install.php.

I tried running the repair tool and still the same issue. Any ideas?!

:o

Illori

which version of SMF did you install? where did you get the installer from? how did you complete the install?

ChrisCarter

OH! Guess that would help.  Vesion 2.0.12. Got it right here and installed it with Filezilla and the automatic installer. Then manually deleted the install.php.

Illori

what do you mean automatic installer? you went to install.php and went along with the prompts to complete the install?

ChrisCarter

Yep. I followed the prompts and had no problem getting through. On the final step there was a check box to remove install.php. Clicked that the first time then noticed that I was having the problem with the Home menu link.  Reinstalled the software and manually removed the install.php. Still had the same issue.

ChrisCarter

Nevermind. I checked on different browsers and it only happens when I'm using Chrome. So it's probably just a cache issue. Thanks for the getting back to me though!

Advertisement: