Cannot reorder boards in forum

Started by h_smith, December 22, 2016, 02:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h_smith

This may be an issue on my side. I recently moved my forum from an XP machine to a Windows 7 machine.

Although I am able to execute the reordering of boards without an error when I view my main page, the boards are not reordered as I requested.

I am concerned that local files under my 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation' folder are not being modified due to a permission problem in Windows 7.

Can anyone tell me where the board ordering information is stored? Is it in a local file or in the mysql database?

Thank you in advance.

Illori

which version of SMF are you running?

Kindred

actually, if you recently moved the forum server - are you certain that all of the settings have bene properly readjusted to the new server setup?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

Board ordering information is stored in the database.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

live627

Information needed to diagnose the issue:

• What SMF version do you run?
  • What PHP version do you run?
  • What MySQL version do you run?
  • Does the ordering work correctly in the admin center?
  • Can you list your installed mods?
  • Is smf_boards using MyISAM or InnoDB?

ziycon

As well as the information live627 asked for can you tell us what theme your using? Does the issue occur on the default theme? It's possible that the ordering is changed on screen but the changes never make it to the database.

Antes

No follow up from the reporter and considering such (alike) issue fixed in some (i can't remind now) patch. Closing this, user can open if they desire to bring this issue back.

Advertisement: