News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Logout when installing a mod

Started by spinus, December 27, 2016, 06:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinus

Hi. The same problem. Logout when installing new mod. Cleared cache, used different browsers, tried to roll back to older version of smf (from 2.0.11 to 2.0.10). Now running smf 2.0.10 and can not install any mods, I only can remove installed mods.

d3vcho

Hello,

Please, next time open your own topic to keep the order in the board.

Now, regarding your problem, any errors in your error log? Since when is this issue happening?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Illori

you should NEVER revert back to another version of SMF, you need to patch up to 2.0.12 for security. your forum is at a greater risk of being hacked since you are not running the most updated version.

spinus

I am sorry.  :(
There are no error.log at public_html directory.
There are errors at hosting (main error_log).
I can not upgrade to newer version because of logout problem.

d3vcho

No, there shouldn't be an error.log file inside public_html. Just go to Admin > Maintenance > Logs > Error Log and tell us if there's something over there.

How did you installed SMF? Did you use FTP, or an auto installer?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Illori

Quote from: d3vcho on December 27, 2016, 07:02:12 AM
No, there shouldn't be an error.log file inside public_html. Just go to Admin > Maintenance > Logs > Error Log and tell us if there's something over there.

if they run cpanel, then yes there should be an error_log file in the folder where SMF is installed if there have ever been any errors.

spinus

All errors: 250697
Critical: 305
Common: 65460
Undefined: 183532
User: 1400
I Installed through autoinstaller, then upgraded through package manager.

Kindred

getting logged out when attempting to install a mod is usually another sign of a host that has poorly configured mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spinus

Sorry, I do not know anything about mod_security.
Critical errors: the same error
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: guest
Function: eval
File: /home3/spinusin/public_html/Sources/PortalBlocks.php(3561) : eval()'d code
Line: 19
Common errors: the same
http://spinus.info/index.php?http://spinus.info/ [nofollow]
8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
File: /home3/spinusin/public_html/Sources/Aeva-Embed.php
Line: 378
Undefined errors: the same
8: Undefined index: topics
File: /home3/spinusin/public_html/Themes/default/languages/menu_language/main.russian-utf8.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 295
User errors - usually incorrect login messages.

Illori

if it is mod_security most likely it would not be in the error you can see. ask your host about it.

spinus

Support said "Mod security will be enabled by default in our server and there is no rules listed so you should not face any problem with Mod security ."
After checking they answered "There is no mod security rules from our server."
After additional check they answered "SMF forum which is not we provide support and there is no mod security rules not listed in our server ."
"Also there was some codes in .htaccess which I have removed but still dint work so I would suggest you to contact them (forum support) again and check regarding this."

Kindred

Well, since it works on 99.99% of the other sites, this is almost certainly due to an issue on your server or with your configuration ....    are you running Wordpress on the same site?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spinus

Quote from: Kindred on December 27, 2016, 09:56:32 PM
Well, since it works on 99.99% of the other sites, this is almost certainly due to an issue on your server or with your configuration ....    are you running Wordpress on the same site?
Hello!
It was Wordpress, then I deinstalled it, but tables are left in database.

Kindred

well, tables don't matter, really...

and - if you want wordpress, you can have it installed (in a different directory) as long as you have it configured correctly so that it plays nicely with other scripts
Слaва
Украинi

spinus

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

spinus

Illori

Quote from: spinus on December 28, 2016, 10:21:15 AM
No, I do not know what to do  ???

we cant read your mind to tell you what to do if you dont tell us what your goal is so we can help you get there.

spinus

I want to solve logout when installing a mod. It has been supposed that it is because mod_securuty - this version is no longer true, yes?
Second - try to solve errors listed at post #8, am I right?
Or find some errors in configuration - but for me it is very hard task.
Maybe try to setup "from scratch"? And after that restore an existing database from backup.

Kindred

those error would not affect or even be related to your issue...

the preg_replace error will be fixed when you upgrade...
the language file error is almost certainly due to a mod..
the portal block error is due to code in one of your portal blocks...

You can try to load a fresh set of files...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

but I am almost certain that your issue is not within SMF itself..
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

The preg_replace error is from a mod. Upgrading SMF will not fix that.

spinus

Hello!
After continious brainstorm problem is solved. The reason was in hosting. After downgraiding to previous tariff plan and migrating to another server logouts stopped and mods began to  setup.
Thank you guys!

Advertisement: