Author: digger
License: BSD License
Hooks only: Yes
Languages: English, Russian, Spanish
Github: https://github.com/realdigger/SMF-Snow-And-Garland
Changelog: https://github.com/realdigger/SMF-Snow-And-Garland/releases

Description

Snow and Garland for your forum.
Mod uses Snowstorm script https://github.com/scottschiller/snowstorm/ licensed under the BSD license.

Описание

Новогодние радости - гирлянды и снег.
Мод использует js скрипт Snowstorm https://github.com/scottschiller/snowstorm/ распространяемый под лицензией BSD.

fazeMark

Awesome, it's christmas time"!

Jailer

Nice! Would have been great for Christmas but I'll take it anyway.

Klopa HzSa

Jailer

I can't seem to get any sound from the garland bulbs breaking. It used to work just fine last time I used it. Anyone got any ideas?

digger

Quote from: Jailer on November 12, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
I can't seem to get any sound from the garland bulbs breaking. It used to work just fine last time I used it. Anyone got any ideas?
Sound needs a working Adobe flash plugin in your browser.

Arantor

Flash is now mostly deprecated or disabled by default in browsers. There's been JS solutions for audio for years now.

Sir Osis of Liver

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

Interesting that they don't mention the persistent security problems they were unable to fix.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

efk

It seems how this mod is draining a lot of cpu. Any idea how to adjust it? Garland and lamps are disabled. Also snow is too fast.

digger

Quote from: efk on December 30, 2017, 05:52:03 AM
It seems how this mod is draining a lot of cpu. Any idea how to adjust it? Garland and lamps are disabled.
Minimize max flakes count and enabled effects.

Cola-Coca

Helo,

Very good mod but unfortunately the sound does not work to break the lamps.
You should fix it !
I LOVE SMF

Shambles

Quote from: Cola-Coca
You should fix it !

You should read the rest of this thread!

Cola-Coca

Quote from: Sh@mbles on December 09, 2018, 10:28:20 AM
You should fix it !

You should read the rest of this thread!

Please do not be unconstructive and do not write if you do not know if I read it or not.
Stay away from comments (Adobe flash plugin is something that is obsolete, Flash is now mostly deprecated or disabled by default in browsers).

Very good mod but unfortunately the sound does not work to break the lamps.
You should fix it !
You would have to update the mod.
I LOVE SMF

Arantor

If you read the rest of the thread, you would see that this has already been pointed out - the sound requires Flash.

Cola-Coca

Quote from: Arantor on December 09, 2018, 12:31:31 PM
If you read the rest of the thread, you would see that this has already been pointed out - the sound requires Flash.

That I know, I read this post from top to bottom.

The problem is that what this mod 'Snow And Garland' should have flash on and this is a big nonsense for this mode. We all know that today 'Flash' is disabled by default almost in all browsers for example in some web browser you need to install a special plugin to have 'Flash' turned on
and that is why I think that part should be edited / redecorated in this beautiful mod.
I LOVE SMF

Kindred

Nope... the "problem" is that this mod does not work the way you want it to work, therefore you call it broken.   That attitude is the real issue here...

If you had actually read the whole thread and understood the issue was that you had flash disabled, then your statement should have been....

I know that I need flash for this mod, as written. Is there any chance that this mod might be redesigned to use some other method, given the recent warnings and the fact that most browsers disable flash?

See the difference?
... and if *I* am lecturing you on politeness, you know that you were being seriously rude...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cola-Coca

You did not understand me well. I did not write that mod is "broken", I wrote that it should be updated (part related to sound).  :o

edit:
About the politeness, I do not see what I wrote badly unless if you interpret badly what I wrote. All in all I did not mean anything bad.
This is a very good mod which needs to be updated because today's browsers work differently.

Best regards.

I LOVE SMF

Shambles

I did not write that mod is "broken"...

You said

QuoteYou should fix it !

You inferred that it was broken.

shawnb61

Quote from: Sh@mbles on December 09, 2018, 06:12:09 PM
I did not write that mod is "broken"...

You said

QuoteYou should fix it !

You inferred that it was broken.

Shambles - YOU inferred.  He implied.

;D
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Steve

Does this work on any other theme than default, and if not, how can it be made to?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: