News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Snow And Garland

Started by digger, December 29, 2016, 11:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Nice job digger!

This may be a dumb question but how do I get the snow to fall more (or completely) vertically instead of at a slant?
DO NOT pm me for support!

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Steve

Jailer

Still having one small issue. On first page load there is no sound. Refresh the page and sound works. Not a big deal but just odd and repeatable.

Steve

Works fine for me. Does it do that in other browsers and/or themes?

Jailer

Good call Steve, seems to be a Chrome issue. Actually Vivaldi which is based on Chromium. Works fine in Firefox and IE.

digger

Quote from: Jailer on December 21, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
Still having one small issue. On first page load there is no sound. Refresh the page and sound works. Not a big deal but just odd and repeatable.
It's a Chrome browser auto-play-type restriction. You can start sound playback only immediately in response to a user action like click or tap.

Jailer

Huh, didn't know that. Sure enough I went and tried it and your absolutely right. As soon as I click anywhere on the screen the sound works. Thanks for the tip digger.

Cola-Coca

Quote from: Jailer on December 21, 2018, 12:53:51 PM

I do not have that problem. Everything works well for me. (Using Chrome and Safari).
I LOVE SMF

MaryLouW

I just discovered this mod the first week in December.  My users LOVE it!  Didn't have sound but that's okay, it was still fun. 

Is there any way it could be modified to change the lightbulbs to something else?  Such as little hearts for Valentine's Day or shamrocks - or various country flags?  Or.. anything else one might want to put across the top so users can break them?

digger

Quote from: MaryLouW on January 02, 2019, 06:06:55 AM
Is there any way it could be modified to change the lightbulbs to something else?  Such as little hearts for Valentine's Day or shamrocks - or various country flags?  Or.. anything else one might want to put across the top so users can break them?
You can replace images with own ones.

MaryLouW

Really?  How?  I would LOVE to do that!

digger

Quote from: MaryLouW on January 02, 2019, 06:16:15 AM
Really?  How?  I would LOVE to do that!
Images located here /Themes/default/lights/image/

MaryLouW

Thank you!!  Am definitely going to try that.  Will be fun to play with!   :) :) :)

YogiBear

Just to report this is working fine on 2.0.17 and members are having a lovely time breaking the llight bulbs...vandals!  ;D ;D
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

digger

Quote from: YogiBear on December 03, 2020, 06:13:34 AM
Just to report this is working fine on 2.0.17 and members are having a lovely time breaking the llight bulbs...vandals!  ;D ;D
Thanks for report :)

Steve

Unfortunately, this slows my site down for some users when the snow is turned on. No big deal though. The garland is the most fun anyway. ;D

Sir Osis of Liver

MaryLou did some customization on this mod with a custom theme, have it running here. Garland doesn't display on tabs, and snow does slow them down considerably.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

YogiBear

All is well with this mod on 2.0.18. :)

YogiBear

Advertisement: