News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by vbgamer45, December 29, 2016, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff B

Do I NEED to uninstall?  Or can I install over top? Or, is that why I am getting the errors when trying to install the new version?

vbgamer45

You would need to uninstall because it would try to edit the same spots and it can't
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jeff B

I just looked and get errors for uninstall as well.

for load.php 
It says to find:

'website' => array(
'title' => $profile['website_title'],
'url' => $profile['website_url'],
),
'googleMap' => array(
'latitude' => !isset($profile['latitude']) ? 0 : (float) $profile['latitude'],
'longitude' => !isset($profile['longitude']) ? 0 : (float) $profile['longitude'],
'pindate' => !isset($profile['pindate']) ? '' : $profile['pindate'],
),

Code: (Replace) [Select]

'website' => array(
'title' => $profile['website_title'],
'url' => $profile['website_url'],
),

I looked at my load.php file, and it already says what to replace it with, it does not have the additional code. 

I also get an error on Who.english.php.   

Would you proceed with uninstall with those two errors?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

I uninstalled the old members map without issue.  Now on install of the new version, there were no errors presented, so I installed and everything looked fine.  Since the old version did not require a key, I obtained a key and added it in the members map settings.  Everything looks okay, other than, nothing has changed.

The members map loads the map, and within a moment switches to a white screen that says  only

Unable to read the map pin data, result was - 500

and in the status bar it says: waiting for csi.gstatic.com   

Tonyvic

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2018, 02:15:13 PM
I would check in firefox or chrome developer tools and try to trace the remote 500 call and see what the true error code is.
I have the same and @vbgamer45 suggested the above, but I can't work out how to use the tools.
I just spotted that I also get waiting for csi.gstatic.com

Jeff B

I would have no idea how to do that either.  Did you problem just pop up after having worked before?  I kinda associate mine to upgrading from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15 but that may be mere coincidence

Tonyvic

Quote from: Jeff B on February 02, 2018, 03:57:21 PM
Did you problem just pop up after having worked before?  I kinda associate mine to upgrading from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15 but that may be mere coincidence
I had just upgraded from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 and I have discovered the host did a server upgrade on the same day, the map was first reported to be "not working" the next day.

As you mentioned migrating to a new server at the same time maybe this issue is related to our servers. :-\

Jeff B

I was messing around with the developer console, and had this pop up when the screen switched from map to the error.

XML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: http://mywebsite.com/board/index.php?action=googlemap;sa=.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:

Tonyvic

Interesting, I have taken a backup of the files and database and installed them on a different hosts server.
It works perfectly without any errors, all pins showing ok.

In my case at least it has to do with the server, but no idea what at present. ??? :-\

vbgamer45

Jeff do you have a public llink on your website where i can see this error occur?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

vbgamer45

Anything in your forums error log that might related?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

Nope, nothing.  I clicked on the link and let the map page load the error page a few times, then checked the log and nothing. I also looked back to see if there was anything related and there is not.

Tonyvic

Quote from: Tonyvic on February 03, 2018, 08:54:54 AM
Interesting, I have taken a backup of the files and database and installed them on a different hosts server.
It works perfectly without any errors, all pins showing ok.

In my case at least it has to do with the server, but no idea what at present. ??? :-\
Finally tracked it down, when the host did the server upgrade somehow my PHP INI memory was reduced to 32M
I changed it back to 64M where it was previously and the Map pins appear again. All is good :)

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

Is this what you are talking about?
Mine is:
; The OPcache shared memory storage size.
;opcache.memory_consumption=64

the other setting I see is:

; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
; http://php.net/memory-limit
memory_limit = 128M

Not sure whether I dare mess with those or not.  suggestions?

vbgamer45

memory_limit = 128M   should be good.
You can try to raise 256M

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

No joy.  I reset to 256, restarted apache and no luck.

Jeff B

Whats this?

Maximum input variable nesting level
; http://php.net/max-input-nesting-level
;max_input_nesting_level = 64

Advertisement: