News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by vbgamer45, December 29, 2016, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jeff B

[hands suddenly go in the air]

Tonyvic

I have MultiPHP INI Editor in my cPanel and simply changed it there.
I found my problem by looking in the error log in my Forum root directory, at the times the membermap error appeared  were entries starting with
QuoteHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in................
Sadly it doesn't seem to be the same problem that you have.

Jeff B

I've tried to find a log somewhere that relates and find nothing.  Is there anything I can do to try to record the error?some sort of debugger or something?

vbgamer45

Places to check first enable the php error log in the php.ini
You can set a file for it to write to.

You can also check your apache error log but I would do the php one first.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

I wanted to try this out but my Load.php has no such lines of code

mem.buddy_list, mg.online_color AS member_group_color, IFNULL(mg.group_name, {string:blank_string}) AS member_group,

I can't find part of a query in ./Sources/Load.php that looks like that at all.

any idea why my Load.php is so different ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

Other mods change it.
I would look at fresh SMF 2.0.15 install and look for that line.
Then find one similar in yours.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

aegersz

that is not possible but thanks; it installs fine on my vanilla SMF 2.0.15.

I should've tried it and maybe I can retrofit it down the track but for now, i will leave my mods on.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Jeff B

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 05, 2018, 11:52:54 PM
Places to check first enable the php error log in the php.ini
You can set a file for it to write to.

You can also check your apache error log but I would do the php one first.

AHA!  I did as you suggested, Enabled php log in pho.ini  and I found this error occurring:
snmpd[701]: error on subcontainer 'ia_addr' insert (-1)

Now what to do about it?

vbgamer45

Does that occur each time when you try load the member map.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jeff B

I'm beginning to think that isn't it.  My server when you enable the log in php.ini  writes to the syslog by default.  This could be something else, as I ran tail -f syslog and watched as I tried to load the maps, and it wasn't appearing as expected.

Jeff B

I was able to produce errors using firefox's console.

QuoteXML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: http://mysite/board/index.php?action=googlemap;sa=.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:
index.php:1:1
TypeError: xmldoc is null
[Learn More]
index.php:146:6
Google Maps API warning: SensorNotRequired https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#sensor-not-required

Jeff B

I'm getting somewhere, but not there yet.  I just changed the permissions on my themes folder from 777 to 775 and now that map is loading, and staying loaded, but the pins are not loading on the map.

Jeff B

DRAT  Google must have been sleeping. when I went back to try and advance to a solution, I found that I still had the same issue. still the parsing error.

Jeff B

Okay, I'm going to offer a reward for figuring this out!

Jeff B

Enough to take your significant other out for Dinner on Valentines day!

lurkalot

Quote from: Jeff B on February 14, 2018, 05:18:58 PM
Enough to take your significant other out for Dinner on Valentines day!

Not sure if this helps Jeff.

HTTP500: SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.
(XHR)GET - http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=googlemap;sa=.xml

Jeff B

Nibogo is the hero on this one. He was able to get my members map working. Hopefully he can fill you in on exactly what was going on, but it had something to do with the member blurbs for the pins breaking it.

On a side note, where could I go edit the code to remove everything in those blurbs other than the username and link to profile?  They never did format well. Stuff on top of stuff.

lurkalot

Quote from: Jeff B on February 15, 2018, 05:53:13 PM
Nibogo is the hero on this one. He was able to get my members map working. Hopefully he can fill you in on exactly what was going on, but it had something to do with the member blurbs for the pins breaking it.

On a side note, where could I go edit the code to remove everything in those blurbs other than the username and link to profile?  They never did format well. Stuff on top of stuff.

That's great news Jeff, really glad you got this sorted.  I know how frustrating these problems can be.  8)

landyvlad

Quote from: landyvlad on January 18, 2018, 08:48:56 PM
I just LOVE this mod. It's one of my favourite enhancements.
Is a 2.1 version likely?

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 18, 2018, 09:00:29 PM
When SMF 2.1 goes final.

Well that is good news.

In the meantime there will obviously be a gap between when I upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1 (when final is released) and the time when the member map is reintroduced.

How can I save all the data (location pins for members) so that when I install again in future, it will have all those existing pins?

I hope this makes sense...
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: