News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Google Member Map

Started by vbgamer45, December 29, 2016, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

The data will carry over as long as your forum is upgraded.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

sbarker

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (I searched but couldn't find anything).

Has anyone got a good handle on how or if the new Google Maps pricing policy will affect users of this mod ?

https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/ [nofollow]

vbgamer45

I think you would be ok since you get $200 of credit a month unless you have a lot of usage
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

landyvlad

I hadn't seen that.  Just another filthy money grab from google it seems. I'll bet that free allowance gets reduced over time..... 

and wow, could the pricing possibly be any more complex....   ::)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

It is confusing the pricing for most forums I think they would be well under the limit.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lather

I got an email from Google this week implying that by 2020, possibly 2019 I will need to set up a payment method in my Google account.

TLMB

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod.

I was using v 2.6, which stopped working recently. I did upgrades of my forum from 2.0.11>2.0.12>2.0.13>2.0.14>2.0.15 , then uninstalled the Maps mod (leaving Remove data unchecked - the scary bit). Installed v3 of the mod - and it's all back and working, with all user data still there. Phew. Cheers!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Is it the member responsibility to assign their own location push pin? I'm asking because I've seen on other sites where the member map automatically generates the locations by each IP address associated with the active member.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AZMazda3

Recently updated this mod to our 2.0.15 forum. All was good until today, getting 500 errors now. I pulled the error logs via php myadmin and there are tons of errors for this mod related to the security.php file.

I could not find any similar issues posted...mod update was complete 11/24 around 9am, sit was working this morning around 7am.

vbgamer45

What does the error line look like?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AZMazda3

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 26, 2018, 07:37:24 PM
What does the error line look like?

8: Undefined index: cannot_googleMap_view

vbgamer45

Strange do you have this line in your googlemap.english.php file

googleMap_view

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AZMazda3

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 26, 2018, 08:45:14 PM
Strange do you have this line in your googlemap.english.php file

googleMap_view

There are about 8 lines of code with that in it. After looking at it further, the error references line 905 of my security.php file code which has to do with guest logins.

AZMazda3

Well 3 actually, sorry I was looking at the code grouping and not the text.

vbgamer45

Shoot meant for you to check the language file for this code

$txt['cannot_googleMap_view'] = 'Sorry, you are not allowed to view the Member Map.';

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AZMazda3

That line is there. I restored my last database and cleared the cache folder and it's up again. For now...

Advertisement: