Play Media Attachments

Started by dougiefresh, December 30, 2016, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.4 - April 28th, 2018
o Added mime detection for QuickTime (.mov) movies.
o Added code fragment to exclude mime type from HTML when playing QT movies.
o Fixed conditional statement so that video embed tag works if needed.

@Everybody:  A request was made via PM to see if I could support mov (QuickTime movie) files.  I managed to get the mod to do so.  WORD OF WARNING:  I do not know if any browser plugins may be required for the video file to work properly...

Drakkon

Thank you! I can confirm that it works with .mov files.

An issue I'm having is that the videos(mp4, mov) don't play when I visit the forum through my phone. I'm using an iPhone 8 plus.

Drakkon

I've noticed that the videos don't play on mobile because it's linking to the attachment url instead of the actual file. Is there a way to fix this?

dougiefresh

I'm looking into this....

Drakkon

Thank you for all your hard work.

Drakkon

Steve

Quote from: dougiefresh on May 21, 2018, 10:28:41 PMI have been trying to rest the last two weeks or so, as I have gotten exhausted trying to keep up with everything....
DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

MINOR bug fix for 8: Undefined index: PMAt_no_audio

find:
, $txt['PMAt_no_audio'], '

change:
, $txt('PMAt_no_audio'), '

repeat this for the video code also
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

Um... no, that's a REALLY bad idea.

Changing out the [] for () means trying to treat it as a function, and $txt isn't a function and doesn't contain a callable.

Better suggestion: actually define the language string in Modifications.english.php...

aegersz

Ok, thanks - i assumed it was a function inserting a text sting ... so i decided to change it to:

', 'PMAt_no_audio' , '
and
', 'PMAt_no_video' , '

seems to work; FYI, the HTML <audio> and <video> tags are used like this:

<audio controls>
  <source src="horse.ogg" type="audio/ogg">
  Your browser does not support the audio tag.
</audio>

i am not sure what Modifications.english.php does yet ...
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

Um. Modifications.english.php is the home of all the language strings given by mods...

aegersz

dougiefresh

Quote from: aegersz on July 21, 2018, 12:38:45 PM
MINOR bug fix for 8: Undefined index: PMAt_no_audio

find:
, $txt['PMAt_no_audio'], '

change:
, $txt('PMAt_no_audio'), '

repeat this for the video code also
I couldn't find any reference to PMAt_no_audio within any of the mod files.  Are you running the latest version?

aegersz

i don't believe so but i was sure that it must've been in your code.

will do some digging when i recover from my huge night out.

thanks ... it's only a harmless little thing anyway.

engrz

how to manually install this mod on any other theme than default? also is it compatible on mobile theme?

dougiefresh

Quote from: engrz on October 15, 2018, 02:57:24 AM
how to manually install this mod on any other theme than default? also is it compatible on mobile theme?
In order to manually install the mod on any other theme than the default theme, you would have to find where the appropriate place to insert the code.  Naturally, if the theme doesn't support attachments, then no, it is not compatible with that theme.  I would think it'd be compatible with mobile themes, but only actual use would reveal that little detail....

engrz

Quote from: dougiefresh on October 15, 2018, 12:04:07 PM
Quote from: engrz on October 15, 2018, 02:57:24 AM
In order to manually install the mod on any other theme than the default theme, you would have to find where the appropriate place to insert the code.  Naturally, if the theme doesn't support attachments, then no, it is not compatible with that theme.  I would think it'd be compatible with mobile themes, but only actual use would reveal that little detail....

My theme supports attachments (https://www.engrz.org) but not support this mod to show player as attachment. if you can guide me where to place code for this mod to appear, i will be thankful to you.

dougiefresh

Without knowing the name of the theme you are using (or if it is a complete or paid theme), it would be impossible for me to advise you on how to manually install the mod on your forum.  if it is a paid mod, I will probably need access to your form in order to either make change myself or advise on how to make changes.  if this is just a customized mod, I would need to know which one it is based on before I could advise.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.5 - October 23rd, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

mic1011

Hello everyone,

I installed Play media Attachments(latest version)

The attachments work, but no player appears. I tested with standard .mp3 files.  I can download the attachments just fine, but no player on the default theme.

I tried with different themes but the attachments don't work at all with those.

Any ideas Doug or anyone?  Thanks so much for all the hard work i'm sure you have done on this. 

Advertisement: