News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

User Feedback on 2.1

Started by Vegeta_gameland, January 03, 2017, 09:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Try it when zooming out to 75%... (or less)
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Kindred

can't reproduce this on my test forum...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

@rjen

Quote from: Kindred on January 03, 2017, 03:41:32 PM
can't reproduce this on my test forum...

Can you share a link to a test forum?

Kindred

https://test2.turtleshellprod.com/

and oops....  I just did duplicate it... the descriptions before were just not long enough
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

@rjen

Quote from: Kindred on January 03, 2017, 03:54:47 PM
https://test2.turtleshellprod.com/

and oops....  I just did duplicate it... the descriptions before were just not long enough

Jep, you have the same issue... thank god, I was beginning to think it was just me...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

@rjen

Now that's what I call instant satisfaction  ;)

Thank you!

Now my last 'unreported issue' with 2.1 version. It is probably not template related (I think) but I noticed that the 'user language selection' option in the upper right of the screen is always showing the options in English (regardless of the active user language).

See screenshot attached. Is that intentional or are there language strings missing in my installation?

Vegeta_gameland

After i make a topic unread, the board icon remains unchanged, still "all topics read" icon
Is this a general issue or is just my forum?

verified with chrome and ie, latest updates

Kindred

I believe that is actually the same behavior that 1.1 and 2.0 does...

basically, the "unread" icon at the board index is NOT actually "are there any unread posts"
it is really "Are there any new posts since the last time I looked in that board and read a thread"

the logic is convoluted, I believe...
Слaва
Украинi

Vegeta_gameland

:o

is the first time i notice...

Kindred

yes...   the BOARD level icon is like that...  (boardindex)
when you mark a post "unread", however, the "NEW" icon should show when you are viewing the message titles (messageindex)
Слaва
Украинi

@rjen

It is indeed the same as in 2.0. There is a mod for 2.0 to make it work more like ' expected'  : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3380

Vegeta_gameland

The mod is not working with 2.1, it neads some php rerwite

I still think a text should be added after the "the package you are trying to install is for other version of smf"
Something like: but we love you enough to provide a compatibility solution. just go there and click install.

This is only text, no major code bracking

Kindred

lol...   sorry, but no... that would not be professional

and, yes, it is likely that many, if not most 2.0.x mods will not work correctly with 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

@rjen

Quote from: @rjen on January 04, 2017, 05:20:24 AM
Now that's what I call instant satisfaction  ;)

Thank you!

Now my last 'unreported issue' with 2.1 version. It is probably not template related (I think) but I noticed that the 'user language selection' option in the upper right of the screen is always showing the options in English (regardless of the active user language).

See screenshot attached. Is that intentional or are there language strings missing in my installation?

Any thoughts on this?

Illori

please remember we are all volunteers, we will reply if and when we have an answer for you.

@rjen

No need for that Illori, I know.

Take your time, I Just noticed that the follow up discussion left my original question 'behind' 

Advertisement: