News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unable to install Mods

Started by thunderchld, January 04, 2017, 11:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderchld

Hello!

Recently upgraded from 1.0.12 to 2.0.12.  We created a test instance, and everything went smoothly....the production upgrade did not go so well.

We are now to the point of reinstalling mods and getting the horrid

2: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /domain/Sources/Subs-Package.php

I've searched around and ensured proper permissions and checked mod_security but this did not solve the issue. I am still unable to install mods on the production site - meanwhile I am still able to install mods on the test site without any issue.

Followed the following threads:
  - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=545753.msg3873935#msg3873935
  - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=530729.0

Kindred

Well, what exactly do you mean by "the production upgrade did not go so well"

What were the issues?

Did it complete?

It looks to me as if you may have a mixture of 1.1 and 2.0 files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thunderchld

When we backed up and created a test site, the test database was created under a PHP5 database. The production site was on 4. So there was an additional step of updating PHP and then migrating to 2.0.  That all is working and fine now.

I can move about the site without any issues or errors. The only errors I'm seeing in the error log is this one error when I try an install a mod.

I've checked with my host and double confirmed that mod_security is disabled.

thunderchld

I ended up deleting everything and reinstalling from scratch. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it is now working.

Advertisement: