News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.13 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, January 05, 2017, 03:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board or the Install and Upgrade Help board.

Dear Members,

Simple Machines Forum has released a new patch to the 2.0.x line, bringing our latest release version to 2.0.13.

This patch is a security and maintenance release, which focuses on fixing a couple of minor bugs, while adding some enhancements and a patch to a security vulnerability reported in the software. Additionally, this release corrects an issue introduced in 2.0.12. Therefore, it is important that you install this patch in a timely manner.

If you are running version 2.0.12, you can upgrade your forum to the latest version by using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the admin panel notifications and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you do not see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade directly to 2.0.13 from whichever version you are currently using by using the "full upgrade" archive from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall any customizations that you have added to your forum, so if you are running a version of the 2.0.x series, it is recommended that you apply the successive patches instead of using the full upgrade.

You can view the change log for the latest release, as usual, on the downloads page.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the patch package from the upgrade patches page and install it via the package manager, as you would any other mod package

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:

Thank you for using SMF!

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum Team
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Robert.

Looking

Great to finally have some of the noted fixes. Thanks.

Shambles

Nothing appears in my Admin area and no patch appears on the patches page.

LiroyvH

Quote from: Shambles on January 05, 2017, 04:05:32 PM
Nothing appears in my Admin area and no patch appears on the patches page.
Please do not use this topic for support requests.
You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board or the Install and Upgrade Help board.
If you do not see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).
;)

The patch file link should appear on the cust site shortly.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Shambles

There really was no need to quote that:

QuoteIf you do not see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

.. seeing as you haven't made the patch available yet  ::)

LiroyvH

Quote from: Shambles on January 05, 2017, 04:47:55 PM
There really was no need to quote that:

QuoteIf you do not see the notification about the upgrade patch, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files" from the Scheduled Tasks page (Admin > Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (check the "Run Now" checkbox and click the "Run Now" button)).

.. seeing as you haven't made the patch available yet  ::)

We did make the patch available... That function doesn't rely on the Patches page showing the download link. Otherwise we wouldn't post this news. ;)
So running maintenance will make it appear. :) It if does not, please open a topic in the support board or indeed do it manually. (And yes, the file to do it manually should be visible by now - I'm sure the caches for that page will have expired by now.)

Shambles

All good now - installed a treat. Thanks to all concerned.

LiroyvH

karlbenson

vbgamer45

Reminder for next update. Do the year from 2016 to 2017
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Steve

Awesome. Thanks to everyone for the hard work. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

live627

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 05, 2017, 05:26:36 PM
Reminder for next update. Do the year from 2016 to 2017
Duly noted. Already done in 2.0.14 :)

Kindred

Actually, 2.0.13 was prepared in 2016 -- changing it to 2017 would have involved multiple versions of the software out there with the same version number. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shawnb61

Once again, good job SMF team!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Nolt

Thanks for the new release.

gisfreak

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thanx,
upgrading now :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

stmaxx

Thank you gonna give it a go! Nice move! :)

equinoxmatt

Steve

Quote from: Kindred on January 05, 2017, 06:45:00 PM
Actually, 2.0.13 was prepared in 2016 -- changing it to 2017 would have involved multiple versions of the software out there with the same version number. :P

Thanks for the info! :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: