Tightening up SMF's mail server (Postfix/dovecot) with SASL and SSL/TLS ?

Started by aegersz, December 22, 2016, 06:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Hello again, my forum has extremely sensitive data about it's members and i have done as much as possible to make the OS hack-proof and attack-proof.

I have SSL implemented everywhere except for the mail system and i was wondering if it's worth pursuing.

I have put a lot of effort into DoS attack prevention and whatever else i could to avoid unwanted unauthorised access to it.

Does anybody do this ? my members demand the toughest security possible because their email addresses and content could possibly have serious legal ramifications.

... ro am i just being paranoid ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

Given that not every email provided themselves supports SSL, that kind of limits the usefulness...

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: