News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cannot install 2.1

Started by Krashsite, January 07, 2017, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Installing on new host (Crocweb), get this error when MySQL is selected -

The version of your database server is very old, and does not meet SMF's minimum requirements.

... and this error when MySQLi is selected -

Cannot find database source script! Please check file Subs-Db-mysqli.php is within your forum source directory

Both are running 5.0.11.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3vcho

BTW, if I remember well, min MySQL version required is 5.0.3

Regarding MySQLi, I think the solution got merged this night, so latest GitHub build should solve the problem.

EDIT: Not merged yet. Here's the PR (fix) https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/3817
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Sir Osis of Liver

The current github package (as of last night) does not contain Subs-Db-mysqli.php.

So there's no way to install 2.1 on this host?

- R. Waters

d3vcho

No, it doesn't contain Subs-Db-mysqli.php because they are renaming MySQLi to MySQL and they forgot some bits of the code.

And no, there's no way to install SMF 2.1 unless MySQL is at least version 5.0.3

Sir Osis of Liver

Isn't 5.0.11 > 5.0.3?

Will this be fixed?

- R. Waters

Kindred

I believe that it IS fixed, but the fix has not been committed yet
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d3vcho

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 09, 2017, 12:08:48 PM
Isn't 5.0.11 > 5.0.3?

Will this be fixed?

Hmm, yeah that's right. Then I don't know what is causing the problem...

Looking into install_2-1_mysql.sql it appears this: #### Install script for MySQL 4.0.18+

So I don't know... You better report it on GitHub, you'll get better support over there :D

Sir Osis of Liver

I'll give it another six months, and try again. ;)

- R. Waters

Antes

Sir Osis of Liver

j/k - Haven't had time to look at 2.1 in a while, and just moved to new host recently.  First try at installing it there didn't work.  Will give it another go when fix is committed.

- R. Waters

live627

that was the fastest six months ever :P

Is my birthday close yet?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 09, 2017, 12:08:48 PM
Isn't 5.0.11 > 5.0.3?

Will this be fixed?

If you mean is it older? yes
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Sir Osis of Liver

Just tried installing current github package, installer crashes after Welcome page.

Errorlog -

[12-Jan-2017 02:37:12 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(/Class-Package.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/install.php on line 595
[12-Jan-2017 02:37:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/Class-Package.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/install.php on line 595

- R. Waters

d3vcho

Maybe you should report that on GitHub.

Jailer

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 11, 2017, 09:39:00 PM
Just tried installing current github package, installer crashes after Welcome page.

Errorlog -

[12-Jan-2017 02:37:12 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(/Class-Package.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/install.php on line 595
[12-Jan-2017 02:37:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/Class-Package.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/install.php on line 595

Same thing here. I don't have a clue how to use github.

Jailer

No edit of posts???

Comment added to the issues section along with snippet of error log message. Best I can do.

EDIT: Must have been a post limit thing, the edit buttons show now.   :o

Antes

Quote from: Jailer on January 12, 2017, 08:18:42 PM
No edit of posts???

Comment added to the issues section along with snippet of error log message. Best I can do.

EDIT: Must have been a post limit thing, the edit buttons show now.   :o

We disabled post editing for users when post has certain age :P I can't recall the exact age (something like 1-3 hours).

Advertisement: