News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No style after clean installation

Started by xpheres, January 08, 2017, 06:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpheres

I installed Simple machine forum with no errors and all I see is text without style

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post external  links so I can not add a screenshot or a link to the forum.

What's wrong? how can I find the problem or log?

d3vcho

Hello and welcome to SMF!

Please, use repair_settings.php and tell us if the problem is gone. What is repair_settings.php?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

xpheres

Hi d3vcho,

Thanks for answering, before reading your message I installed the version SMF 2.1 and now it works fine (the problem was with 2.0.13).

Since it now works properly I will let it till I find any issue and if I find it I will follow your recommendation.

d3vcho

We do not recommend using 2.1 since it's currently in Beta period... It's better to stay at 2.0.13 at the moment, so you don't have to deal with any possible errors in SMF 2.1.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

you installed 2.1 beta?

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, the beta is not recommended for us on production systems.
Additionally, which beta did you use?   Because the beta 2 is seriously outdated and has a host of known issues.

2.0.13 is the latest sable release...   and the problem was that your system did not configure the url paths correctly.  repair_settings.php would have fixed it in a few clicks
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: