News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Redirect \ 404

Started by Jari Junior, January 07, 2017, 09:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jari Junior

I was running wordpress in /portal and phpbb in /forum, with a / redirect to /portal. I was able to access /forum without any problems. Now I changed to smf and for some reason its not working anymore. When I try to access /forum or /forum/index.php I got a error 404 in wordpress. I also tried to disable the mod_security via htaccess without success.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, have a good new year.

Illori

are you running any security mods in wordpress? those are known to cause issues with SMF if SMF is in a sub folder/directory of the wordpress folder/directory.

Jari Junior

Quote from: Illori on January 07, 2017, 12:01:57 PM
are you running any security mods in wordpress? those are known to cause issues with SMF if SMF is in a sub folder/directory of the wordpress folder/directory.

I didn't installed any mod in wordpress, i'm using the newspaper theme from tagDiv

thanks

Jari Junior

Also the smf is not in a wp subdirectory.  they're both in /

wp /portal
smf /forum

Kindred

yes.. but wordpress is a hog, and a jealous one at that.
It assumes (often incorrectly) that it is the only script running on that domain... and intercepts calls to other scripts and locations because it THINKS it is "being secure"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jari Junior

Quote from: Kindred on January 07, 2017, 04:08:22 PM
yes.. but wordpress is a hog, and a jealous one at that.
It assumes (often incorrectly) that it is the only script running on that domain... and intercepts calls to other scripts and locations because it THINKS it is "being secure"

Weird because I was running phpbb without any problems at all... I don't get it.

Jari Junior

Advertisement: