Upgrade error upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.13

Started by Tyffyn, January 09, 2017, 08:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyffyn

Hi,

I'm running a smf forum since 2007 and it succesfully went through all upgrades to 1.1.21
As 1.1 version is no more maintained, I want to upgrate it to the latest 2.0.13 version.
I encounter the undefined index problem linked to old/missing languages files.

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files, for the forum default language, english.
Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Bottom line on top: I encountered a language problem very similar than the one in this topic.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=540055.0

Useful details:
- The forum is running in french language.
- I installed approx 6 themes during its life, uninstalled some of them, had some other packages (now uninstalled).

What I did:
- I made a complete save from both files and database, so feel free to suggest anything =)
- Uninstalled all the themes except the default one. Reset all users to default theme.
- Changed the forum default language from french to english (in settings.php)
- Moved the original forum folder, uploaded a fresh set of 1.1.21 (english), added my settings.php and attachement folder content => It works !
- On the fresh 1.1.21 folder, copied the 2.0.13 upgrade package, and running the upgrade.php script => still encountering the same error.

Leads I (still) have:
- On the 1.1.21 fresh install, the theme setup page is like that.

And nothing I can try on it would change this. Clicked everywhere, several times :)
I tought it was because the database needs to be fixed, but no table seems to handle themes in the forum DB.
Do I need to manually remove all themes files except the default one from the fresh 1.1.21 install ?

- Otherwise, is there a possibility to run the sql upgrade script from 1.1 to 2.0 alone and then put a fresh set of 2.0.13 files ?

Thanks for your help!

Illori

Tyffyn

Good idea, I'll try it this evening (or eventually tomorrow) and let you know !
Regards.

Tyffyn

Hi,

It worked with 2.0.12 upgrade package! I was then able to upgrade it from the package installer to 2.0.13.

Running a diff tool between upgrade packages, I noticed that my "old" version of 2.0.13 upgrade.php file contained the following line:
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0.13');
whereas this morning I downloaded it again and the 2.0.13 upgrade.php file contains:
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0.12');
so I guess the issue is solved now for other users.

Now I have another smf to upgrade from 1.1.13, but it should be easy :)

Many thanks for your help!

Advertisement: