Date on Modification List?

Started by MaryLouW, January 09, 2017, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

I would like to see the date I installed a mod on the list of Modifications installed.  Would that be possible?

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in /Packages/backups.  Package manager creates a forum backup when it installs a mod, and the file date tells you when it was installed.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MaryLouW

I hate to sound totally dumb, but where do I find packages\backup?

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in your forum root directory with host file manager or ftp client.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MaryLouW

Oh wow!!!   THANK YOU!!   This is EXACTLY what I wanted, and more!!!  I LOVE the support here - someone always comes to my rescue!!  :) :) :)

Vehement Works

Interesant mod,  this is a "must have" modification ,it should be an default modification for new next update
Last released modifications: AdSense Mod|Font AweaZome BBC code

MaryLouW

I fully agree!  This should be a part of the basic program.  I really, REALLY like it!! :)

Illori

in SMF 2.1 the date/time that a mod was installed shows up in the listing of mods installed.

Arantor

And the person that wrote the mod was the person who put it into 2.1 if I remember correctly... ;)

MaryLouW

Are you saying that it's already a part of SMF?

Irisado

It is part of SMF 2.1, yes, but not the current stable version 2.0.x.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

MaryLouW

OH, okay.  I guess that's why I don't have it.  My version is 2.0.13.   I didn't know there was a 2.1 available.  Anyway, it's a great thing to have!   :)

Irisado

Just to be clear, 2.1 is not yet available for a live site, it's still in beta.  You're welcome to install it and play around with it on a local host/test forum if you wish to see it in action, but please do not install it on a live forum.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

MaryLouW

A new version coming down!  That sounds great!  As much as I would like to install and play with it, I have too many spoons in the kettle at the time.  I'll wait for it to be announced.   Thanks for clarifying that.  I try and keep up with the latest versions which is pretty easy since the program tells me when it needs to be updated. 

I have been using SMF for 9 years and I love it!  Looking forward to the next version. Thanks!!!

Advertisement: