News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SCM Music Player for SMF

Started by dougiefresh, January 10, 2017, 04:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

You also need to be running 2.0.13.

dougiefresh

Quote from: nofapturkiye on March 26, 2017, 05:04:45 PM
Okey i am really excited about this mod but there is an error for me , it says this when i try to add track

Fatal error: Call to undefined function safe_serialize() in /home/nofaptur/public_html/Sources/Subs-SCMP_Admin.php on line 201

I was not aware that the safe_serialize function didn't exist before 2.0.12 (at least I think that statement is true, it might have existed earlier, but not by much).  I've changed the code to use the older serialize function if the safe_serialize function isn't available.

Quote from: nofapturkiye on March 26, 2017, 05:04:45 PM
what i did was to find a  demo.mp3 file on internet and  copy paste  .mp3 link to the  song url part.  Was that wrong to do ?  It would be really helpfull if you be more specific about how to add songs . If this Works i will be super happy for my forum. I am waiting for your answer man
What you did is perfectly legit.

Quote from: davejo on March 27, 2017, 03:49:34 AM
You have to upload a real track and not a link to it. On the setting page, see attachment below, you chose a music file from a location on your hard drive and then upload it.
While it is true that the mp3 file must be uploaded SOMEWHERE, it is not necessary that it be on the server that hosts your forum.  Be aware that the mp3 file just might disappear from other people's server and break your player.....

Quote from: davejo on March 27, 2017, 03:49:34 AM
I should add that the image is taken form my 2.1 test forum, as I have not installed it on live site it might look a bit different.
It shouldn't make a difference on whether it is a live site or not.  It should look the same, even across the SMF 2.1 Beta and SMF 2.0.x lines....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.3 - March 27th, 2017
o Added check to see if function safe_serialize exists before use.

@nofapturkiye:  Hopefully, this update solves the issue you reported.

nofapturkiye

Thanks a lot man , it is working perfect now. I was trying to aembed other music players but they wont do it   :D :D :D

just 1 thing tho ,

dougiefresh

Quote from: nofapturkiye on March 28, 2017, 02:09:29 PM
Thanks a lot man , it is working perfect now. I was trying to aembed other music players but they wont do it   :D :D :D

just 1 thing tho ,

I'll take a look at it; however, I'm not sure there is anything I can do about it, considering that the SCM Media Player script controls that....

Decent_946

Hello,

Your mod is perfect. Its working fit n fine. But i have another idea in my mind. I am trying my best to make it possible. But i am not a pro in css/php. I need your help in it.

I have added a top bar in forum with button " about us ". I want to add a voice clip in that button. I mean, whenever someone will click that button, He'll hear the voice information. Which will tell about our forum.
Confusion is, How can i add that sound on the click of the button ? And it must not redirect to any other page. Just it'll play audio on the same page. Same as your mod. But its a bit different. I'll be glad if any of you'll give solution to it.

Thanks!
Thankx to RebellioN

nofapturkiye

Quote from: asadullah on March 29, 2017, 02:46:36 AM
I have added a top bar in forum with button " about us ". I want to add a voice clip in that button. I mean, whenever someone will click that button, He'll hear the voice information. Which will tell about our forum.
Confusion is, How can i add that sound on the click of the button ? And it must not redirect to any other page. Just it'll play audio on the same page. Same as your mod. But its a bit different. I'll be glad if any of you'll give solution to it.

Maybe you can use   http://vocaroo.com/?upload  ,  after uploading there is a option for embedding.  i think it is very small  ,

other option is that:
when you click that button  scm player will start playing whatever song you want. we need to create link between scm and button.

Decent_946

Quote from: nofapturkiye on March 29, 2017, 04:42:12 AM
Quote from: asadullah on March 29, 2017, 02:46:36 AM

Maybe you can use   http://vocaroo.com/?upload  ,  after uploading there is a option for embedding.  i think it is very small  ,

other option is that:
when you click that button  scm player will start playing whatever song you want. we need to create link between scm and button.
Thanks for your response.
1stly, have a look at what i have made. -> http://vcdw-vcmp.base.pk/ <-
There you'll find "about us" button on the top. I have placed a sample audio script for now. Just for testing purpose. When i click it, It redirects me to that audio. But i don't want this. As you that the 2nd option. When i click it, SCM player will start automatically, that's what i want. Whenever someones click it, SCM player should appear and start that voice in a new window. And member will also be able to shut that SCM player. with the close " x " button. But there isn't any such button. I want it.
Thankx to RebellioN

dougiefresh

To do this with SCM Media Player would not be easy, and is beyond the scope of this mod!  You would need to write some Javascript that (1) sets the playlist, (2) sets the skin to something non-hidden, and (3) starts the playlist.  You would need to attach that Javascript to a <a href html tag.  Likewise, in order to close it, you would need to write some more Javascript to (1) stop the playlist and (2) set the skin to something hidden.

Decent_946

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 29, 2017, 12:02:51 PM
To do this with SCM Media Player would not be easy, and is beyond the scope of this mod!  You would need to write some Javascript that (1) sets the playlist, (2) sets the skin to something non-hidden, and (3) starts the playlist.  You would need to attach that Javascript to a <a href html tag.  Likewise, in order to close it, you would need to write some more Javascript to (1) stop the playlist and (2) set the skin to something hidden.
i see. I'll try my best to make it happen. Thanks for your kind help both. :)
Thankx to RebellioN

Beowulf1976

OK, so I had some problems...

see this topic: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554047.50

after reinstalling my mods one by one, it's your mod that causes my issue with core features and not being able to use them.

"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Beowulf1976

(as I cannot edit) if you would like to "borrow" my spare admin account (that I give to people for testing or broken purposes) then pm me and I'll give you the details so that you can see the issue first hand. :)
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

dougiefresh

@Beowulf1976:  First, I apologize for not responding to your bug report in a timely manner.  Other projects, life, and a computer crash have all prevented me from dealing with mods for the past few weeks.  But I think most of it is behind me and I can start to deal with problems with my mods again....  (Particularly 2.1 Beta 3....  23 mods need fixing!  Ugh!)

Second, I've installed it on a clean 2.0.14 and I can confirm the bug report.  I'm a bit confused about why it is happening, but I'll try to figure it out soon!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - July 5th, 2017
o Fixed the hook that adds new section to the admin panel, which caused issues in Core Features.

@Beowulf1976:  The way the new admin section was being defined was the problem....  Weird....  Anyway, I fixed it!  Thank you for the bug report!

aegersz

1.2 showed up on my Configuration Settings but no player bar was to be seen.

1.4 didn't redirect me and there are no options in Configuration Settings.

I know, I am a pain in the ass as i have too many mods on but i just thought i'd tell you anyway.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - August 9th, 2017
o Removed debug code from main admin hook.

@aegersz:  Thank you for the bug report!  And no, you are not a pain in the ass....   I appreciate the bug reports, as I fix issues that users find with my mods!

aegersz

that was better but i am still not seeing the bar anywhere - even on my vanilla system (2.0.11)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

dougiefresh

Did you enable the bar and add tracks to the playlist?  If no, then you won't see it.  Also, autoplay must be checked if you expect it to start up automatically.....

aegersz

how do I enable the bar ? it's either top or bottom - I checked most boxes and set the track URL to my site.

I really want this mod badly too. it's great.

aegersz

Enable playing background music? option doesn't save in Firefox or Opera but if i copy the track URL to a new tab in Chrome then it plays in it's new tab.

why can't i save that ticked check box ?

Advertisement: