Posting delay after update to 2.013

Started by WizardOfZo, January 10, 2017, 08:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardOfZo

I am not sure if this started with the upgrade from 2.012 to 2.013, but I just noticed it after I upgraded this morning.
When I post a reply to a topic on my board using quick reply it goes through instantly when hitting the post button.
If I use the reply button from the last post, (bringing up all the tools and edit window), it takes more than 20 seconds for the screen to return after hitting the post button.
I did all the maintenance tasks, and no change.
I could not find any posts of anyone else having this problem.
Any thoughts?
    Thanks
       Wayne

d3vcho

Hello and welcome to SMF Forums!

Are there any errors in your error log (both SMF and server logs)? Did you contact your host to see if it's their problem?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WizardOfZo

Sorry for the delay, long day.
For SMF logs, nothing in them.
Server logs that I have access to, nothing
For mods, this is the list I have from admin Package manager:
Quote1.    SMF 2.0.13 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
2.    SMF 2.0.12 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Responsive Curve    1.0 Beta 5    [ Uninstall ]
4.    SMF 2.0.11 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
5.    SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
6.    SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
7.    SMF 2.0.8 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
8.    SMF 2.0.7 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
9.    SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
10.    Hide PM Text in Email Notifications by BK Modding    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
11.    SMF 2.0.5 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
12.    SMF 2.0.4 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
13.    SMF 2.0.3 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
14.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.2    

The URL is a private board with no guest access.

The only other thing that I am having problems with is the host hxxp:fatcow.com [nonactive]
I have Email delays of up to 24 hours from this board and another URL I help manage using SMF on their servers.
FatCow also tried to shut me down claiming that the SMF code was infected and I needed to use their partner SiteLock to fix it for $$. I checked the code on the so called infected files and they were fine compared to the original code. I threatened calling the NY AG's office and they backed off.
Sorry for that rant.

The only other thing about this board that I wonder about is the oversized animated emoticons in the list on the edit window like this one:

WizardOfZo

I dont want to call it solved but this afternoon both methods of replying are at full speed.
Since I did not change anything with the board, I assume it is the lame server.
   Thanks

Advertisement: