wtf is this ??? need fast help

Started by TheBrothersArm, January 10, 2017, 10:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBrothersArm

wtf is this ?? i installed my forum but i see this ???  :o :o :o :o

d3vcho

Hello!

Use repair_settings.php to fix your URLs and paths: What is repair_settings.php?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: d3vcho on January 10, 2017, 11:00:28 AM
Hello!

Use repair_settings.php to fix your URLs and paths: What is repair_settings.php?

BUT HOW TO CTIVATE AND WHERE I MUST POST IT ????

d3vcho

It's not necessary to write like that. I'll understand you the same if you write in lowercase.

All the information about the tool is in the page I left you in my previous message.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: d3vcho on January 10, 2017, 11:20:04 AM
It's not necessary to write like that. I'll understand you the same if you write in lowercase.

All the information about the tool is in the page I left you in my previous message.

i still dont understand.... also what i need type in FileZila to "host" ?? idk what too a :'( :'( :'( need help

d3vcho

Just download repair_settings.php from here and upload that file to your forum's root directory. Then, access it via your forum's URL, for example: www.myweb.com/repair_settings.php and fix all URLs and Paths.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: d3vcho on January 10, 2017, 11:54:06 AM
Just download repair_settings.php from here and upload that file to your forum's root directory. Then, access it via your forum's URL, for example: www.myweb.com/repair_settings.php and fix all URLs and Paths.

sir i want remove that forum because i do something wrong and i want remove that forum and create new one. because in my 2nd computer i cant open on interet "localhost" and "phpmyadmin"  :'( :'( :'( i want remove this forum please, i will create new
see like this when i open it on my 2n computer ??

Dzonny

Hello there Filip,

Are you using some server app like xampp or wamp server? Or you'd like to install forum on live server?

If you'd like to remove forum you made - just delete all the files that you uploaded (through FTP client or File manager), and additionally remove database which you used for SMF installation.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Dzonny on January 10, 2017, 12:46:24 PM
Hello there Filip,

Are you using some server app like xampp or wamp server? Or you'd like to install forum on live server?

If you'd like to remove forum you made - just delete all the files that you uploaded (through FTP client or File manager), and additionally remove database which you used for SMF installation.
where i can remove that  on localhost/phpmyadmin ???

Dzonny

You should be able to do that in phpMyAdmin by choosing database name you made from the left side, and then selecting and removing all tables from it.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Dzonny on January 10, 2017, 01:36:27 PM
You should be able to do that in phpMyAdmin by choosing database name you made from the left side, and then selecting and removing all tables from it.
oh ok but i will create it in FileZila that forum  :)
but first i need help what i need type there:

what is this ? from where i need type there "host",port,pass ? from what website or what ???? i really dont know and i need help :/

Dzonny

If you're using app on your computer like xampp you dont need ftp, you can simply use your file exlorer to browse files.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Dzonny on January 11, 2017, 03:28:11 AM
If you're using app on your computer like xampp you dont need ftp, you can simply use your file exlorer to browse files.
give me example what i need type there

Illori

lets take a step back. are you running your forum on your computer or on a webhost?

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2017, 09:52:22 AM
lets take a step back. are you running your forum on your computer or on a webhost?
i dont have now my forum but yes, im registered on 000.webhost but i need create that my forum in FileZila but i need that for my group so that my forum must see all,not private

Kindred

If you uploaded your forum already, using ftp (based on your previous questions, it looks like you did) then just use the same connection information that you originally used to upload it in the first place?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Kindred on January 11, 2017, 11:48:22 AM
If you uploaded your forum already, using ftp (based on your previous questions, it looks like you did) then just use the same connection information that you originally used to upload it in the first place?
Just tell me from where i need that "host" & port & pass ????

Kindred

we can't tell you that -  talk to your host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Kindred on January 11, 2017, 01:17:34 PM
we can't tell you that -  talk to your host
where can i talk with host ??

Illori

you would need to find a way to contact 000.webhost so they can help you resolve the issue.

Naterr

You find all that information though your host.

Usually port 21, though.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2017, 02:04:38 PM
you would need to find a way to contact 000.webhost so they can help you resolve the issue.
uhhhhh i still dont understand. btw if i make it in xammp with "localhost/" or "phpmyadmin" so others can also see that forum or only me can see it ?

NanoSector

Hi _Filip,

000webhost has a support forum where you can ask for help for this issue:
https://www.000webhost.com/forum/

We will not be able to help you with this, I'm afraid.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Naterr

Quote from: _Filip on January 11, 2017, 02:41:13 PM
Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2017, 02:04:38 PM
uhhhhh i still dont understand. btw if i make it in xammp with "localhost/" or "phpmyadmin" so others can also see that forum or only me can see it ?

Refresh your url and see if it is still up.

IF you don't know the information to log in, then CONTACT your host services to get them to tell you. We will not know it!

TheBrothersArm

ok but if i make that forum in "xaamp" so that forum can see others or only me in this computer ??? mean with that command "localhost/smf. for example.

Dzonny

Only you would be able to see it through localhost, yes.

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: Dzonny on January 12, 2017, 08:40:10 AM
Only you would be able to see it through localhost, yes.
so if i want that forum for others (they can see it), i need make it in filezila ?

Dzonny

You need to make it on widely accessible server/host, with FTP client or File Manager, doesn't really matter.
Like we suggested multiple times in this thread, you should contact your hosting support to get FTP/Server credentials, we can't provide you with that.

byproduct

Filip
you need to make the forum on your hosting account at 000webhost

filezilla, is just a program to use to upload the files for you
you need to enter your 000webhost account info.... username, pass, then destination, etc...

i strongly suggest you contact 000webhost and ask them to point you to a "primer" on how to do this stuff.

these guys here are trying to help you, even beyond their need too.
but your not grasping what they are telling you

000webhost is the place that you need to start

TheBrothersArm

Quote from: byproduct on January 12, 2017, 11:32:09 AM
Filip
you need to make the forum on your hosting account at 000webhost

filezilla, is just a program to use to upload the files for you
you need to enter your 000webhost account info.... username, pass, then destination, etc...

i strongly suggest you contact 000webhost and ask them to point you to a "primer" on how to do this stuff.

these guys here are trying to help you, even beyond their need too.
but your not grasping what they are telling you

i have account on 00webhost

Kindred

Quote from: byproduct on January 12, 2017, 11:32:09 AM

Слaва
Украинi

TheBrothersArm

yeah ii uploaded all files in FileZila (finally) so where now can i see my forum and how to activate ? domain is created in 00webhost + all info there. :)

Edited to remove red/bold text.  Please use the default text, as it makes it easier for us all to read and to help you - Iris.

TheBrothersArm

pllllllllllllllllsssssssss help me what now if i finally upload all in filezila

Dzonny

Please take a look at the install documentation that we already linked few times now.
You should go to www.yourdomain.com/install.php, if SMF is uploaded in root, but as far as I can see your path should be www.yourdomain.com/smf_0-0-13_install.zip/install.php
Do note that your directory name should be different although this will work, but I don't think that you have the prettiest folder name, so you can just rename that "smf_0-0-13_install.zip" to whatever you prefer, for example "forum", in that case you should install SMF by going to www.yourdomain.com/forum/install.php

Advertisement: