News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't remove/modify membergroups

Started by Tijmen, January 12, 2017, 05:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tijmen

Hi everybody,

I seem to have a problem. I intend to remove some membergroups and replace them with some new ones, as they appear to be 'broken'. It is not possible to modify the settings; when a modification is saved, and then I return to the list of membergroups and click 'modify' on the same member group, nothing has changed. The same goes for removing. When I click on remove, I return to the list and the membergroup is still there.

We have SMF version 2.0.11, is this a bug? If so, how can this be fixed?
(My English is not the best and I don't have the biggest knowledge if it concerns stuff like this)!

Thanks in advance!

Arantor

Which one(s) are you trying to change and what settings?

Tijmen

We basically want to remove some of them, but we tried to change them to see if that did work. The settings (and membergroups themselves) are frozen. Nothing happens when changes are applies, even removing them doesn't work.

These membergroups were created by our previous administrator. Or is that not what you're asking?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Illori

what are the exact names of the groups? are they normal groups or are they post count groups? can you provide a screenshot showing the issue you are having with them?

Tijmen

I will send a screenshot in a minute. More and more groups have the same issues.

Tijmen

Arantor

Arantor

Try installing SMF 2.0.13 then see whether it still happens.

Steve

What didn't work? Installing 2.0.13 upgrade or your original problem didn't change after upgrading?

Also, just for future reference, when asked for your mods list most of the team needs a typed out list as they are on phones and images cause problems. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in your database, in smf_membergroups.  Check all the group_name.  Is there any html or css code in the names?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Tijmen

We did update to 2.0.13, but unfortunately the problem is not solved yet.

And I cannot seem to find a database anywhere.

Labello

There are no html or css codes in the group_names..

Sir Osis of Liver

What was the last change you made before the problem showed up?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Labello

I don't remember.. I deleted the 'broken' member groups from the database. Now I can create new member groups. I still don't know what went wrong, but the problem has been resolved (for now).

Advertisement: