News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Automatically Subscribe in ONE Board only

Started by DarkTexas, January 10, 2017, 03:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTexas

Hello, wondering if it's possible to let Members automatically subscribe (send Emails on Answers) to their Email Account in ONE specific Board only?

Thanks, Chris

Sleezy

SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I kind of understand where you're going and yes it is possible, but I too need further details in clear language to guide you any further...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

well, it's a little tricky...

because you don't get notified of ALL NEW responses.... you only get notified of the first new response in the threads that you are following (e.g. you requested notification on a specific thread)... or new THREADs (not new repsonses) (e.g. you request notification on the BOARD)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkTexas

Quote from: Kindred on January 10, 2017, 06:02:26 PM
well, it's a little tricky...

because you don't get notified of ALL NEW responses.... you only get notified of the first new response in the threads that you are following (e.g. you requested notification on a specific thread)... or new THREADs (not new repsonses) (e.g. you request notification on the BOARD)

Yes, that's fine.

Quote from: Bob Perry on January 10, 2017, 05:01:50 PM
I kind of understand where you're going and yes it is possible, but I too need further details in clear language to guide you any further...

Basically we are a Gaming Clan, https://gljclan.com (SSL) - and you can Apply for our Clan. Means, you have to fill out a custom Form (By a Mod) and it posts the Filled out Form into The Board for Applications. Now, We want our New-Members to get notified on the Topic they just created with the Form. - If it does not work with the Form it's fine.

Maybe an Option for Subscribing that topic for a specific User? But I guess that might be a Mod request already.. ?

Illori

since you are using a mod to create the topic you should post in that mods support topic so that author and users of the mod can assist you.

DarkTexas

Quote from: Illori on January 22, 2017, 06:44:10 AM
since you are using a mod to create the topic you should post in that mods support topic so that author and users of the mod can assist you.

Since I would not just use it for topics posted via the form, I think its right here too.. ;O

Advertisement: