Stop delete of own account

Started by Ronald_1938, January 10, 2017, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_1938

I have made myself Owner with Administrators permissions. I have two other Administrators with me.

My question is it possible to stop these Admin. from deleting their own accounts.

I guess I'd also need to know how to transfer these permission to only me the Owner..

Thanks

Ron..

Kindred

Anything is possible, if you can code it...   in this case, you would have to code it, because it is not possible in the base code and has never been made into a mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

This mod is old but may work- and should do what you want if it installs- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1306

Kindred

Unlikely that an rc1 mod will work..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

And if they have real administrative accounts, it would be possible for them to uninstall mods anyway. Or add a mod that undoes whatever changes you might make.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Kindred on January 10, 2017, 09:48:18 PM
Anything is possible, if you can code it...   in this case, you would have to code it, because it is not possible in the base code and has never been made into a mod

Thanks Kindred, I am not a coder. I didn't think it was possible, but I had to ask..

It is just that one of the Administrators deleted themself by accident..

Ron..

Ronald_1938

Quote from: br360 on January 10, 2017, 10:38:18 PM
This mod is old but may work- and should do what you want if it installs- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1306

Thanks, I'll try this on a test board, see what happens..

Ron.

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Arantor on January 11, 2017, 07:15:37 AM
And if they have real administrative accounts, it would be possible for them to uninstall mods anyway. Or add a mod that undoes whatever changes you might make.

Thanks Arantor, yea they have the real account, I added the Owner with Admin. permissions..

I'll see if there is a way around this mess.

Thanks

Ron..

Sir Osis of Liver

You can set up a second administrator group that has less permissions than real admins.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 11, 2017, 08:39:57 PM
You can set up a second administrator group that has less permissions than real admins.

Got it solved.. Bryan helped me, took the Admin. Group and made it the Owner Group, took the Owner Group and made it the Admin. Group then gave it limited permissions.

Advertisement: