News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.0.12 update breaks Custom Profile Fields

Started by badon, September 30, 2016, 02:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badon

In:

Features and Options --> Profile Fields --> Custom Profile Fields

The 2.0.12 update breaks the display of Custom Profile Fields. I attached screenshots of what it looks like before and after the update is applied.

badon

I accidentally attached the same screenshot twice. I tried editing my post to fix this, but I got an nginx "500 Internal Server Error". I also tried attaching it to this message, but I got the same error. It appears there are a few other bugs... I tried to attach the correct screenshot image in a 7zip file, but that didn't work either.

badon

I reported the problem with file attachments on this forum:

File attachments are not working

I am now able to attach my screenshots. I couldn't find the one I intended, but this one still shows the bug. This screenshot was made at a different zoom level in my browser, and that is NOT part of the bug.

Djmitri

I have the same problem with Custom Profile Fields.

I have updated my forum to 2.0.12 and now it's not working anymore...

Is it been fixed?

Kindred

"not working" is not a useful description.

Also, the original poster did not actually describe WHAT broke... he included a screen shot, but it is not clean from that what was "broken"

And, seeing as how we have received no other complaints about the custom profile fields, we use them here (successfully) and I have been unable to replicate any issues with them on my test system.... No... no "fixes" have been made because we have not actually seen any problem to fix
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Djmitri

You are right. I Try to explain my problem.

In my forum i have a Custom Profile Fields for a group of users, where you can see some image about obtained ribbons.

Before the update 2.0.12, it was working really good for every user. After the update to 2.0.12 it's not showing anything.

I have tried to active only 4 Custom Profile Fields and it's working. Over 4, it's not working anymore and not show anything...

But if i go in my forum's profile, i can see them.

Thanks

Arantor

The unserialise bug in 2.0.12 could easily cause this behaviour.

Kindred

in which case, it should be fixed with the 2.0.13 release, shortly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Djmitri

Oh that's amazing!

Thanks for your job guys! 8)

badon

I just tested 2.0.13, and custom profile fields work again. Thanks Djmitri for helping with this bug report. Thanks Arantor for identifying the likely cause. Thanks Kindred for ... whatever it was you did (fix the bug probably).

Advertisement: