News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Theme help

Started by Sleezy, January 12, 2017, 03:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleezy

How do change the orange colors to a different color? I would like to change them to red, but I don't know how.
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Arantor

Depends on the theme... without seeing the theme, it's hard to know, but it could either be changing an image or changing CSS.

d3vcho

Hello!

An URL to that forum would help us to help you... If you can't provide a link, you can always use some browsers tools such as "Inspect Element" (by doing right-click over the element).

Regards :)

EDIT: Nvm, the URL is on the image lol

EDIT2: For the main menu, navigate to your index.css, search for .menu and change the "background" property.
The same for .catbg and h3.catbg

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Sleezy

Here is the index style sheet if it helps at all:

Arantor

That's not a stylesheet, nor does it help in any particular way. A link would help more.

Sleezy

I uploaded the wrong one. I just uploaded the right one.

d3vcho

Quote from: d3vcho on January 12, 2017, 03:14:13 PM
EDIT2: For the main menu, navigate to your index.css, search for .menu and change the "background" property.
The same for .catbg and h3.catbg

Maybe you mised that :P

Sleezy

Sleezy

Where on this style sheet is the coding for the orange bars? I want to change it to white.

Sorry for two posts but I don't have the ability to modify my last post for some reason.

d3vcho

That's index.php not index.css heh

Sleezy

Quote from: d3vcho on January 12, 2017, 04:52:08 PM
That's index.php not index.css heh

I know. When I downloaded index.css, it downloaded as a php file. I just opened it with wordpad

Kindred

how are you downloading your index.css?   There is no way it would download as a php file with any normal method
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sleezy

Kindred

then their editor is a piece of junk...

However, theme specific questions really should be asked int he thread dedicated to supporting that specific theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sleezy

Quote from: Kindred on January 13, 2017, 11:08:09 AM
then their editor is a piece of junk...

However, theme specific questions really should be asked int he thread dedicated to supporting that specific theme

Oh. Sorry. Can you help me with my original question?

Kindred

your original question should be asked to the theme author...
Слaва
Украинi

Sleezy

Quote from: Kindred on January 13, 2017, 11:11:04 AM
your original question should be asked to the theme author...

Crud. Okay. Thanks.

Sleezy

Another question I have, though this is for all themes really. How do I edit the text color on the menu bar?

Kindred

CSS

seriously... get firefox+firebug, or use the webdev tool in chrome... :P
Слaва
Украинi

Sleezy

But where in the css? What line do I look for?

Shambles

The developer tools in all major browsers should tell you the css file, plus line number.

You just have to right click the area of interest then use the "inspect" option to view the analysis.

Sleezy

I figured it out. Thanks everyone.

SConn5

Quote from: Shambles on January 13, 2017, 05:19:31 PM
The developer tools in all major browsers should tell you the css file, plus line number.

You just have to right click the area of interest then use the "inspect" option to view the analysis.

Huh.. you just made my life about a thousand times easier. Put your hand up to the screen so I can give you an internet high five.

ARG01

Quote from: Kindred on January 13, 2017, 04:37:34 PM
CSS

seriously... get firefox+firebug, or use the webdev tool in chrome... :P

I prefer Firefox with Firebug.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: