Deleting members

Started by Sleezy, January 13, 2017, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleezy

How do I delete all the members on my forum that have not posted at all?
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Forum_Maintenance

Remove Inactive Members - This function allows the removal of inactive users. It is possible to delete all users who have not logged in for a defined period of time, or who have not activated the account. It is also possible to select to prune only one or more membergroups.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sleezy

But almost everybody on the forum is inactive. I just want to delete all the ones who havn't posted anything because their either bots or spammers.
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Kindred

there is no automated way to do that....

you could sort the admin memberlist by posts and delete a page at a time...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Si6776

Quote from: Kindred on January 13, 2017, 11:43:03 AM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Forum_Maintenance

Remove Inactive Members - This function allows the removal of inactive users. It is possible to delete all users who have not logged in for a defined period of time, or who have not activated the account. It is also possible to select to prune only one or more membergroups.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I tried doing this last night and nothing happened.  I want to delete an entire member group, who have less than three posts, and who have not logged in for more than 30 days.  I selected the member group, set the 30 day criteria, pressed Remove, got the warning that this cannot be undone, confirmed, and it said that the members had been deleted, but when I checked, they are all still there.  Any ideas?

Sir Osis of Liver

There isn't an option for number of posts in that maintenance task.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Si6776

No, but there is to select a Membergroup, which in this case, is those that have less than three posts. I'm not trying to set the number of posts as a criteria for deletion.  It should just delete the members in that Membergroup, based on 'last logged in more than 30 days ago', shouldn't it?

GigaWatt

Had the same problem... sorted them by last login, ended up selecting one by one and deleting them one page at a time... except I wanted those with 0 posts and that haven't logged in for the past 3 years deleted.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Si6776

That's what I've ended up doing.  Got rid of about 1000 that have never posted, one page at a time in the member's list.

Advertisement: