Sitemap For Smf

Started by Xpresskonami, January 15, 2017, 04:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

please am here to request for a good and working latest Smf Sitemap that works perfectly with Google. The sitemap mod am using stop indexing. I have up to 6000 topics . Only 3000 topic is index by Google in webmaster tools. And it stop indexing the rest of my topics. I try to Resubmit the sitemap. yet it's still the same.  please any solution to this error

dougiefresh

Have you tried asking in the support thread of the mod?  It might help.....

vbgamer45

Google decides on how many topics are indexed. sitemap mods just give hints to google on where to find content.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 15, 2017, 10:42:54 AM
Google decides on how many topics are indexed. sitemap mods just give hints to google on where to find content.

This is too bad. WordPress sitemap work perfectly and it index all post. I suggest the smf developers should work on this. sitemap is the best thing for the website. we need good sitemap for smf like WordPress and other forum script

Arantor

Except that Google always penalises user created content in a way it never does on a blog.

Kindred

How would smf developers "fix" this, since it is on googles side that the "issue" exists.

Additionally, I doubt that your wordpress site has 6,000 pages.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nsno

Quote from: Kindred on January 15, 2017, 11:58:08 AM
How would smf developers "fix" this, since it is on googles side that the "issue" exists.

Additionally, I doubt that your wordpress site has 6,000 pages.

mine has over 8,000....and that's just the "posts"

then there's tag and category pages too

saying that, we have over 120,000 pages listed in Google, with around 79,000 of them from the forum (we have over a million posts on this version of our forum though, so I'm a bit disappointed with that!)

Arantor

Wait, disappointed? A million posts, at 20 posts per page by default is 50k pages...

nsno

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2017, 04:17:52 PM
Wait, disappointed? A million posts, at 20 posts per page by default is 50k pages...

ahh, didn't think that way

we have 15 posts per page on our threads so makes sense the numbers now!

karlbenson

Each individual post/msg should not be in google as you would get punished for duplicate content

On the forum it should usually only be
-forum index
-every board index (each paginated page) 
-every public topic (each paginated page)

Therefore with 1180719 Posts in 40887 Topics
1180719 / 40887 = 28.88..
ratio of 1 topic to 28.88 posts
means 1.925 pages per topic

So even if EVERY topic on your board was public and indexable by google you would like get between 1 or 2 pages per topics.

40887 x 2 = 81774

Plus showing 15 topics per board page, means 2726 topics

+ 2726
+ 1 (for main page)

= On basis of averages the no. pages Google might wish to index would be around 84501, perhaps give or take a few thousands pages either way

nsno

Quote from: karlbenson on January 18, 2017, 09:25:11 AM
Each individual post/msg should not be in google as you would get punished for duplicate content

On the forum it should usually only be
-forum index
-every board index (each paginated page) 
-every public topic (each paginated page)

Therefore with 1180719 Posts in 40887 Topics
1180719 / 40887 = 28.88..
ratio of 1 topic to 28.88 posts
means 1.925 pages per topic

So even if EVERY topic on your board was public and indexable by google you would like get between 1 or 2 pages per topics.

40887 x 2 = 81774

Plus showing 15 topics per board page, means 2726 topics

+ 2726
+ 1 (for main page)

= On basis of averages the no. pages Google might wish to index would be around 84501, perhaps give or take a few thousands pages either way

in that case I'm pretty happy with Google then! thanks for doing the maths!

Advertisement: